Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HPT marketing material

foff667

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    - Track current engine conditions so that updates are always applied to the correct cell.
    not sure what this means

- Programmable scan data export to Excel.
    how is this different from saving it to a csv file and then just opening it into excel?

- API for third party application integration.
    not sure what this means

- VIN change supported in Scan Tool.
    - Oil life reset supported in Scan Tool.
    do you honestly think being able to reset your oil life in the scan tool rather then pushing a button as directed via the manual is going to sway people from one tool to the other? Same with being able to change the vin with the scan tool & editor rather then just the editor. Things like that get left out because a 30 page comparison wouldnt get read.

- Alison transmission bidirectional controls supported in Scan Tool.
    - Alison TAP cell preset/reset supported in Scan Tool
    - Alison transmission tuning and reflashing supporte din Tuning Tool.
    - Scanning Duramax diesel supported in Scan Tool.
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    do you honestly think being able to reset your oil life in the scan tool rather then pushing a button as directed via the manual is going to sway people from one tool to the other? Same with being able to change the vin with the scan tool & editor rather then just the editor. Things like that get left out because a 30 page comparison wouldnt get read.
    Do you honestly think features such as:

Histogram Autoconfigure upon connection

Change Histogram while scanning

would sway customers? I guess you did so you included insignificant features of HPT in your "unbiased" comparison sheet. Might as well do it right or not at all.
    Last edited by TAQuickness; August 7th, 2006 at 08:58 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

- Track current engine conditions so that updates are always applied to the correct cell.
    not sure what this means
    During real-time tuning, the PCM operates from different cells depending on varying engine conditions (usually RPM, MAP ECT etc). EFILive will move the currently selected cell in real-time to the cell that the PCM is currently using. That means when you press any of the cell modifiers (Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, F7, F8, Ctrl+F7 or Ctrl+F8) the changes are applied to the currently active cell.

- Programmable scan data export to Excel.
    how is this different from saving it to a csv file and then just opening it into excel?
    Because many smart people have excel spreadsheets set up to expect PIDs names in a particular order and with particular names, EFILive allows you to select the PID export order and PID names that you want in the resulting excel spreadsheet.

- API for third party application integration.
    not sure what this means
    API = Application Programmers Interface. It allows third parties, like dyno shops and other electroinic instrumentation manufacturers to make function calls into EFILive's software to tap the power of our scan tool. That means a dyno manufacturer can easily log all EFILive's scan tool data directly into their dyno application. This API is being used by dyno manufacturers and will soon be expenaded to include an electonic digital interface.

- VIN change supported in Scan Tool.
    - Oil life reset supported in Scan Tool.
    Lets say a workshop reflashes a customer's vehicle. That reflash will change the oil life counter. Sure you could just "reset" it but what if it was at 50%, you can't reset it to 50%. EFILive allows you to set the oil life value to whatever % you want IN THE SCAN TOOL. That means anyone with access to EFILive's scan tool can reset their oil life to the correct value. This is useful for mail order tuners' customers.

- Alison transmission bidirectional controls supported in Scan Tool.
    - Alison TAP cell preset/reset supported in Scan Tool
    - Alison transmission tuning and reflashing supporte din Tuning Tool.
    - Scanning Duramax diesel supported in Scan Tool.
    I was just pointing out that your idea of complete is, well, not really complete. Feel free to include those points. I don't expect you to, after all the document is so lopsided as to be laughable.

Just getting back to this quote:
    do you honestly think being able to <insert any trivial gui based feature here>... Things like that get left out because a 30 page comparison wouldnt get read.
    I would like to echo your sentiments about the following "important" features of HPT's software (give me a break!!!).

Drop Down Navigator
    Tab Style Navigator
    Tree Style Navigator
    Adjust Cells with +/- Keys (just use F7/F8 in EFILive)
    Built In Calculator (who really cares)

Adding "features" like that just shows the desperation for comparison items where HPT might "look" better than EFILive.

Bottom line is EFILive doesn't need or want a "tick the box" table like that - we just let people download and use our software, that's all it takes. This is the most recent quote (quotes like this roll in 3 or 4 times per week) from someone who used HPT for the first time...

Finally got a chance to use HPT and looked at a TBSS log & tune via HPT.
    All I have to say is, those guys that proclaim HPT is better than EFILive must of destroyed one to many brain cells in their teen years!
    Good god, I always thought it was at least half way decent by all the net hype!
    I wouldn't even consider it competition especially the scanner compared to yours.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I have locked this thread due to the potential of it turning into a flame war.
    Foff667, if you would like to make a response pm me.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123