Thread: Requesting guidance and a stock file for 2007 6.7 Manual

Default Requesting guidance and a stock file for 2007 6.7 Manual

Some background first and hopefully someone on here has run into this before and can offer some pointers to make sure I don't end up with a bricked ECU. I have a 2007 Ram 3500 with the 6.7l 4x4 with a manual transmission and currently have the PTO enabled. I thought the truck was stock when I purchased it and didn't find out until recently it was at minimum tuned. I attempted to use the EFILive system to read the "stock" file and was met with errors. After talking with support they eventually informed me I had a locked tune on the ECU already. I want to flash back to stock but I want to make sure I do so correctly and don't end up with a dead ECU. The truck has the EGR equipment still installed however it seems a lot of DTCs are disabled, a stock rebuilt turbo (I installed it so I know it's factory spec) and to my knowledge the injectors seem stock as well. I'm not sure who made the tune or what piece of equipment flashed it. The tune currently on the truck, depending on gear, will peak to around 35-37 psi of boost and then roll back to around 30-32psi and the truck over boosts and goes to limp mode if I pull my car trailer. I want to setup the truck to use the CSP-5 and I already have the switch setup installed on the truck so I can end up with a few tunes to make the truck run better for the varied uses it sees.

So here are my questions:
    Does anyone one have a stock file for this truck that has the PTO enabled (yes, I saw the sticky with the dropbox of stock files. I grabbed the only one listed as "compatible" but I want to be sure the file I use has the PTO enabled)?
    Is there any special considerations I need to take or can I flash a stock file with EFILive like any normal day?
    Can or will a dealer return the ECU to stock with PTO enabled?
    Is there anything else I should be informed of before attempting to revert the ECU?

I don't see any reason you can't just flash a clean stock file in with Efilive. And yes, you're definately running a tune. Those boost numbers are well above stock. As far as a stock file, there are 2 file collections, one on dropbox, the other on onedrive. There may be different files in one or the other. I'm not totally sure, I work with Duramax's more than Cummins.

Appreciate the information. I grabbed the "stock" file from the dropbox link and used the tool to convert it to CSP-5. I have a question on boost control though maybe someone can chime in with a bit on how the Cummins boost control logic works. I normally tune and work on my gas powered race car that has a wastegate, so this truck with a VGT is a bit new to me. I know with a VGT equipped diesel, timing and fueling will effect the boost levels as well as the VGT position so I already know I will have to be revisiting the tables multiple times. I just find it odd that there is no desired boost level table.

If anyone is willing to give me a jump start on it, what tables are involved in the control of the boost levels on the turbo? Does anyone know or have a description of the logical process the ECU will use to control the boost levels?