Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smartfire injectors

thanks for the feedback.

were kind of back to the "china thing": if you buy stuff on ebay its crap (and it often is but more often not). so everybody thinks "All of our TRE Fuel Injectors are manufactured according to strict guidelines in order to maintain ISO 9002 and ISO/TS 16949 quality system certificationsas" and their "asna testing" is b.s.? then there is their 1 year warranty as well. sure, i also have been messing with a motec analysing injectors for many hours and its not worth it. what i meant is why doesnt somebody do this commercially in large quantities? if you get a set of 8 for $230 incl. shipping there surely would be a margin for profit.

(as to "pay your money and get the best": i guess we wouldnt be here tuning. we would be driving a ferrari or a lamborghini truck. people often decide on a cam because of a $50 price difference while spending 20 hours+ on the install. btw, rockauto has e.g. ls7 injectors for $30 and i doubt they dont work.)

has anybody out there tried this vendor?

https://treperformance.com/i-2389988...jectors-8.html
    Last edited by dian; December 19th, 2022 at 04:08 PM.

Hiya,
    Well, siemens deka's aren't very good right out of the box FROM THEM, of course they work "good enough" since I have seen literally thousands and thousands put to use. The 80lb is ~92lb at 4 bar which is probably what the treperformance is selling. They are a single stream injector. The whole injector variance issue is very time consuming and unless that it what you do 100% of the time, it is not cost effective :( If I have to order injectors I usually use Deats https://deatschwerks.com/ because when they arrive, they are good and match my flow benches. They mainly use good bosch injectors and grind off the part number, then flow match to the last couple percent. I would bet other reputable companies do the same.

except that they go up to 700cc (750? out of memory) and then you have to drill them.

how hard is it to get that dw data into efilive?

Lifetime Member

Why would you drill them?

Data is copy/paste from DW.

Lifetime Member

I use these on several turbo trucks and their data has been spot on.

DW 35U-00-0072-8
    Attached Files Attached Files

has anybody used this vendor?

https://aeroflowperformance.com/af49...-fuel-injector

"Why would you drill them?": my understanding is bosch injectors dont come in larger sizes. the aftermarket vendors enlarge the hole(s) by edm, broaching, drilling. i have no yet heard of anybody using a laser like bosch does.

Lifetime Member

Are you in Australia?

im in switzerland. how would that matter?

(at this point im looking to purchase 24 injectors/3 sets so it makes a difference if i pay $1100 for ids or $400 for this. if i take on my friends cars it will make an even larger difference.)
    Last edited by dian; January 17th, 2023 at 03:34 AM.

Hiya Dian, it appears you have been after this for a while. What exactly are you looking for? I don't generally become a seller but I can supply whatever you would like, and flow tested.

e.g. 8 injectors to go into a blown ls7 on gas/petrol. 850-1050cc*. has to pass emissions (→idle quality). do you test dynamically? actually i have no idea what an aceptable divergence would be at lets say at 1.5 ms. i see injectors matched to 1% at full flow having 4% in "dynamic" testing, no idea if there even is a standard for it. so i figure there might be around 10% divergence at idle? anyway, something proven to work. (deka 60 had some problems on a ls1, but i made them work and they pass the test.)

*@3 bar

in the meantime i got "data" from aeroflow. they give you:

- flow at idle (is that the knee?)
    - flow at 3 and 4 bar
    - "dead times" vs. volts for 3, 4 and 5 bar (no idea if this is maybe with half of the opening ramp added?)

do you think this can be converted to efilive with some success?
    Last edited by dian; January 18th, 2023 at 05:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12