Thread: Newbie here, introduction and questions

Default Newbie here, introduction and questions

Good afternoon, I am trying to tune a 2011 escalade esv with a stage 1 TSP VVT cam dod delete, 1 3/4 Long Tubes no cats stock exhaust system. I have pulled airflow out down low because of the cam swap, and I have perfect afr's 14.67-15.3 while cruising and driving, as soon as PE comes in drops to low 12's. I have started the autotune VE tutorial and have it completed to the point of adding filters, I cant for the life of me figure out where the "filters" tab is. So i have not actually done any sort of VE tuning. I have bumped the idle to 800. My mileage is definitely lacking from running rich. I dont understand how im showing stoich on my wideband but smell and mileage are saying its rich. I have added some timing down low in the idle areas, and that is about it. I have a bunch of logs and stuff that I have recorded and all the different tunes and changes i have made along the way. However, I didnt save the completely stock file like i thouhgt i did, I saved the stock file with the updated 800 rpms and no other changes so that is my "as found file".

***Disregard file name of tune, PE is back to factory, i was trying out different things and forgot to change the name of the file

***Also, is there an updated auto tune tutorial? It has taken me forever to find what i hope is all the correct maps and charts minus the filters i cant find, everything i find that I am trying to learn about is from 2007 era.

***Still waiting for null modem to hook lc2 to flashscan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeepman173; December 3rd, 2022 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added most recent tune currently in vehicle

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeepman173 View Post
    I dont understand how im showing stoich on my wideband but smell and mileage are saying its rich.
    When you run in closed loop, you need to have working cats.

Either install cats or learn to live with the rich smell. The only other option is to run full time open loop, but I would not recommend that.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    When you run in closed loop, you need to have working cats.

Either install cats or learn to live with the rich smell. The only other option is to run full time open loop, but I would not recommend that.
    Appreciate the reply, I know it going to stink with no cats, but why am I showing stoic on the afr, but running rich down low? I noticed this morning at the gas pump idling my ltft’s were pulling -18 so that means that it was trying to dump fuel but the computer pulled it back by that much correct? As soon as I started driving it went to normal, staying around -2through +2 I haven’t noticed the LTFT that high before but I also may not have been lookin.

Still trying to figure out how to add a filter to the map so I can finally run the auto tune

Lifetime Member

Are you using V7.5 or V8 software?

Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    Are you using V7.5 or V8 software?
    Using 7.5 but I have both and both are updated I just never mess with 8