Thread: Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Opal GT

Default Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Opal GT

I have used HP Tuners to work on my Soltice GXP. There are several parameters that I have no access to. Does EFI Live offer better access to the E69 PCM information than HP Tuners does?

Lifetime Member

EFILive does not offer calibration support for E69s, just reading/writing of these controllers. So to tune one, you would need to create and define your own calibrations outside of EFILive (potentially could integrate into EFILive via .cax8 files).

Basically, you cannot purchase a FlashScan V3, read your ECM, and begin tuning. You will need to solve the "tuning" part on your own.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

That basically makes no sense. So, you are saying that I can read and write, but can't see the parameters like I can on HPT?

Lifetime Member

EFILive was asked this years ago on here, it was done for workshops who create their own tunes and needed a delivery mechanism (AutoCal) to send to customers in the field. EFILive supporting read/write accomplished that for those customers, but means for you and I, we can't do anything useful with these controllers.

That's exactly what I'm saying, EFILive didn't invest in creating calibration support for these ECMs. Not sure what else to say except don't buy EFILive with the expectation to view/edit parameters on these ECMs.

Here's another thread with more info: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...pontiac-camaro
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks so much for the clarification! That's what I was trying to find out. I still would like to get EFI Live for other cars that I work on but, the priority is now lower.