Thread: license issue

Angry license issue

I have had to restore all of my EFILive files to a new laptop since I used it last (about 4 years ago) but now when I open V7 tune tool it doesn't recognize my license and won't open the tune files.
    Anyone know how I address this. EFILive have not responded to my technical support contact on their website.
    As a result, when I try to open a tune file, it doesn't show any to open even though I can see them all will Windows Explorer.
    Last edited by cjowett; December 14th, 2022 at 10:16 AM.

Lifetime Member

V7 or V7.5?

What version are you running? Do you have V8 software downloaded?

I am running 7.5. I do have V8 downloaded.
    I just noticed in the Getting Started web pages that, for whatever reason, it says to first connect your V2 FlashScan tool to your PC before opening the file. Seems strange to me but maybe that is the issue. I certainly don't remember having to do that before.
    But at any rate I was able to use Windows Explorer to get V7 to open the file. By locating the tune file and right clicking on it and selecting Open with, I was able to direct Windows to open with EFILIVE V7.5 TuneTool and it loaded and I was able to modify it, and save the changes. I then closed the tune tool and then started it again and clicked on File>Recent and then I was able to select it and open it to verify my changes had been saved.

Are you all sorted out now...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Are you all sorted out now...?
    As far as licensing is concerned, I think so. I have updated my software and V8 now sees all my tune files. I did an uninstall of V7.5. I think there is still something weird going on with my PC. When I tried to attach a tune file to an email in Thunderbird, Thunderbird couldn't see the files in the directory so I had to drag and drop the file from Windows Explorer in order to attach it to the email message.
    Now if we can (myself with Paul at efilive support) can figure out why my flash failed and more importantly how to recover my ECM, everything will be grand.