Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gm.trqeng

dtc has been programmed out for 7 years now.

so no thoughts on what im seeing?

ECM ignores MAF only if MAF DTC shows up.

Without MAF DTC, ECM is using both MAF and VE at different times/conditions.

You can program MAF DTC's to not light up the MIL when the DTC is present, but this is not the same as disabling the MAF DTC's

there is no maf and no maf signal. the ecu cant be using it, right? or am i misunderstanding what you are saying?

You did not misunderstand me

Log SAE.MAF and see what it shows.

2.52 steady.

so you are saying the maf might not be properly "failed" in the tune and is somehow contributing to the torque calculation in an inappropriate way (while cylinder mass is calculated correctly)?

what im seeing is this: torque in blue compared to dyncylair and ibpw in the maf-less cos3 tune.

edit: the roads were finally dry (after several weeks), so i "failed the maf" on a stock setup/tune and did some logging. there is no big difference, torque follows ibpw/dyncylair like it should. max is around 5200, probably because the (stock) ve table is rising up to redline. its also a bit lower as about 10 degrees get pulled, but thats it.

so again: what could make the torque read highest at 3800 with cos3 and centri boost?

(btw, i cant attach any files larger than 1 mb in here? if i wanted to post a logg, how is that done? i cant even post a print screen.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dian; January 2nd, 2023 at 04:37 AM.

i finally fixed it.

trqeng was not showing realistic numbers as indicated by e.g. dyncylair. my b0120* was still set to 4000. i changed it to 8000. now trqeng works like it should.

its simple and makes sence. however i dont remember to ever seeing this mentioned anywhere and all cos tunes i now looked at have 4000 in it with a failed maf. so its somewhat weird.

anyways, now the trans, traction control and torque limiting should be much easier to handle.

* RPM Threshold For Airflow Calculation
    Last edited by dian; November 22nd, 2023 at 05:23 PM.

oh, no, please disregard the above. on the next outing it logged as before, even worse, the trqeng peak being at 3200 (was 3600-3800 before).

so the system for once remembered what its supposed to do and then immedietely forgot it again?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12