Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scan v7.5 messed up

blacky, please help me with this, while i (maybe still) have your attention.

i spent over a hour of quality time in an attempt to get font size equal. e.g. if i open the pre-existing "ls1" dashboard in dash-c, unfortunately the y-axis fonts have different sizes. the inputs for the four series are different. so after a while i found out that y-axis font sizes depend on:

- font size you input
    - width of the x-axis (this "auto-shrinks" the size)
    - if split checked

i nevertheless didnt manage to get them equal.

first picture: i made all inputs for series 1-4 identical except for split checked for series 4. despite the box showing the size as equal (input is 28), in reality it will be whats on the screen: series 3 and 4 size is larger. what to do about it? second picture: its possible to shrink the size with the y-axis width, but the four elements shrink in a different way, depending on their number of positions. i got series 3 about equal to 1 and 2, but series 4 is larger.

i was going to attach two printscreens ("first" and "second picture" above) but apparently they are the wrong format (odt) so i cant. maybe the situation is clear anyway, if not i can try and convert them somehow.

o.k., here they are, sorry, no idea how to do that better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi-print.3.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	24321  
    Last edited by dian; January 21st, 2023 at 06:41 AM.

and, btw, the exercise ended like this (second picture): screen was blocked. when i opened another version of the scan tool it looked like the first picture, screen blocked. so i dont know if i permanetly f.u. the software on this computer or if that is somehow going to normalize. (this is why in my tuning binder the first page sais in red: "do not touch the settings".)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi-print.2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	560.4 KB 
ID:	24323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi-print.1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	24322  
    Last edited by dian; January 21st, 2023 at 06:51 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    blacky, please help me with this, while i (maybe still) have your attention.
    Like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart_font_fixed.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	24324

To achieve that, uncheck the "Auto size" check box for all four series.
    Set the number of digits to 4 for each series (that controls the font size for the value).
    Set the font size to 20 for series 1.
    Click on the [Copy] button to copy the font name and size of 20 to the other three series.
    You will need to make the y axis larger horizontally to accommodate the fixed font size.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    and, btw, the exercise ended like this (second picture): screen was blocked. when i opened another version of the scan tool it looked like the first picture, screen blocked. so i dont know if i permanetly f.u. the software on this computer or if that is somehow going to normalize. (this is why in my tuning binder the first page sais in red: "do not touch the settings".)
    Those errors have nothing to do with the V7.5 setup or configuration.

Windows keeps a list of system resources that it has to manage on behalf of a program running on the computer. A system resource is a number (a pointer to an object) that uniquely identifies a resource being used by a program. Resources are things like, images, buttons, menus, windows, toolbars etc. If a program creates too many resources that can cause Windows list of resource to fill up - then you see the "Out of system resources" error.

You can monitor the system resources used by a program using this application: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sy...nloads/procmon
    If, as you use V7.5 those resource numbers keep going up and reach 10,000 then you will get "out of resource" errors.

Name:	resources.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	24325

I know I've said this before, but I actually recommend using V8 instead of V7.
    V7.5 was designed back when Windows XP was still a thing. It has limitations (and quirks) that have been addressed in the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You can monitor the system resources used by a program using this application: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sy...nloads/procmon
    Actually you can just look in these columns for the resource usage for each program:

Name:	resources2.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	24327

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Sorry, that was the wrong link.
    This is the correct link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sy...ocess-explorer

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12