Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 12592618 cax for 4l80e TCC unlock tables

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    You should be able to down grade the Firmware through the EFI Live explorer.

I don't have my cable with me to go through the steps but as long as you have the install file on your computer, You should be able to do it.
    But don't I need the old firmware as part of that? My 1 PC has v8 with explorer etc. I loaded another PC with the old V7, but how do I downgrade firmware and to what on which PC? ����

Quote Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
    But don't I need the old firmware as part of that? My 1 PC has v8 with explorer etc. I loaded another PC with the old V7, but how do I downgrade firmware and to what on which PC? ����
    As long as the old PC has the old V7 Install file it will contain the firmware. You can go into the Efi Live Explorer and change it. You will erase what's in there and then you can load the other file.

I don't have my cable with me so I cant walk you through it. Some how installing an update on mine failed and left in the boot loop mode one time. I had to install an older file first and then upgrade it to make it work again.

On this page you can change the firmware to match the older software. You can bring up the explorer even on the older 7.5
    But I don't have a unit with me right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFI Explorer page.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	24372

This is the best I can do to show you right now. Click the box in the right where I put the red arrow and go into the folder. Open the boot block folder and load the correct one for the Flash Scan and not the Auto Cal. on left hand side you will see all your details including what is currently loaded. Make sure you have the older version on the V7 computer and install that.

TO go back to the newer version Firmware, connect to other comp with newer software and do the same thing to update the Firmware.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFI Explorer firmware change 1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	24373

Lifetime Member

What are the odds I brick my V2 doing something like this? I.E. is this something done regularly or am I doing something not recommended by Efi Live?

Quote Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
    What are the odds I brick my V2 doing something like this? I.E. is this something done regularly or am I doing something not recommended by Efi Live?
    Unlike the other guys that don't offer good support, have poor customer service, and in general are just flat out greedy...

EFI wanted there user experience to be different. I know in the early days this was sometimes needed for tuning business where if they needed a new feature like on the newest vehicle but it may have caused issues elsewhere in the software to flash older cars, they could revert back until the issue was resolved.

As for ODDS, I couldn't tell you. I don't believe you actually brick the module on this equipment. I think if anything you go into a dead pool mode were it just flashes the lights back and forth to let you know the unit is not in a useable state.

IF you want send them an email and ask about it. They have nothing to hide and the are not going to steer you down the wrong path.

Lifetime Member

That's a good idea. I'll drop them an email.

Good deal!

Lifetime Member

Good thing I emailed them. They responded with:
    EFILive does not allow you to roll back or downgrade firmware.
    Please supply the cax you are trying to add and I'll have one of the engineers take a look.
    "

I sent over my files so hopefully they can help.

Lifetime Member

HOLY HELPFUL. Tech support was AMAZING. They responded to my message almost immediately and started digging in with me. They took the cax file I had and reverse engineered the correct addresses in memory for my OS. Then provided me a cax8 file and even caught a bug in it and told me how to fix it. Additionally, they found a separate duplicate table from the B9021 which has been replaced by default with the B3402 table and explained the units to me. AMAZING support.

Now for this TCC min unlock stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to setup this up to start with? There's 2 sets of values, a min and a max TPS and a min and max speed. I assume I just set the min and max to the same value which is above the TCC min apply speed and set the TPS to something very low. Sound right?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast