Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 12592618 cax for 4l80e TCC unlock tables

Lifetime Member

It wouldn't sync up with my V2....I'm still stuck. Nobody around any more that creates or edits cax files?

Lifetime Member

You could try to contact jesse at Wait4Me performance. I think he does classes on CAX files

Lifetime Member

Given the amount of experts on here at one time who were helping modify people's tune files to add some of these hidden tables, I was hoping someone was still around that could assist instead of paying for a class on such a specific use case.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
    Given the amount of experts on here at one time who were helping modify people's tune files to add some of these hidden tables, I was hoping someone was still around that could assist instead of paying for a class on such a specific use case.
    I understand.
    But the cax file deal is not something easy to do and is quite complicated to go into rarely chartered territory's.
    I was just reading a tune off a buddys truck with his HPT and found out they have quite a bit more Torque converter table options :(

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    I understand.
    But the cax file deal is not something easy to do and is quite complicated to go into rarely chartered territory's.
    I was just reading a tune off a buddys truck with his HPT and found out they have quite a bit more Torque converter table options :(
    I agree, I found the same thing. I have HPT as well, just don't really want to license the vehicle twice just for those tables. I saw this thread where a couple of experts have the experience to edit the files correctly and was hoping to catch someone still on here. Doesn't sound promising at the moment.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ttle-close-cax

Lifetime Member

ddnspider - I don't think the issue is with your CAX file. It is an issue with the "newer" version of EFILive flagging it. This is why I can use it with my older version. The issue now is either getting EFILive to not flag it, or just getting a read of your base file from your PCM so that we can edit it in the older version of EFILive.

The only "other" option that I would recommend is to use one of the open source tools (LSdroid or PCMHammer) to read your PCM. That will create a binary file which you can use with your CAX file and the older version of EFILive. After you make the changes, you can save it to a file format which is compatible with your newer version of EFILive.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    ddnspider - I don't think the issue is with your CAX file. It is an issue with the "newer" version of EFILive flagging it. This is why I can use it with my older version. The issue now is either getting EFILive to not flag it, or just getting a read of your base file from your PCM so that we can edit it in the older version of EFILive.

The only "other" option that I would recommend is to use one of the open source tools (LSdroid or PCMHammer) to read your PCM. That will create a binary file which you can use with your CAX file and the older version of EFILive. After you make the changes, you can save it to a file format which is compatible with your newer version of EFILive.
    Dumb question....I am assuming I can register my V2 on multiple EFI Live PC's that run different versions of the tool without screwing anything up?

Lifetime Member

Yes, you can install more than one version of EFILive on your PC. The hang up is that each version of software is designed to only work with it's version of V2 firmware.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    Yes, you can install more than one version of EFILive on your PC. The hang up is that each version of software is designed to only work with it's version of V2 firmware.
    Then it sounds like I'm stuck if I have newer firmware on my V2. I haven't updated it in probably a couple of years but indont know how old that version is that you sent me the exe of.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
    Then it sounds like I'm stuck if I have newer firmware on my V2. I haven't updated it in probably a couple of years but indont know how old that version is that you sent me the exe of.
    You should be able to down grade the Firmware through the EFI Live explorer.

I don't have my cable with me to go through the steps but as long as you have the install file on your computer, You should be able to do it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast