Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12592618 cax for 4l80e TCC unlock tables

Lifetime Member

They might of changed how they label / track their versions. This version is from back ~2012. If you look at the setup.exe install file name, the information should be there too. For this version, the install file is: EFILiveV7.5.7.7.230_Setup.exe

Lifetime Member

I guess I don't understand where you're going. Are you saying an older version of the program would avoid this issue? Where would I get an old install file?

Lifetime Member

Yes, that is my theory. I am pretty sure they older versions did not do these checks and thus wouldn't flag this CAX as an issue. I can try your CAX file to see if it loads on my older version. If it works we can try to figure out how to get you a copy of the older install files.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    Yes, that is my theory. I am pretty sure they older versions did not do these checks and thus wouldn't flag this CAX as an issue. I can try your CAX file to see if it loads on my older version. If it works we can try to figure out how to get you a copy of the older install files.
    That would be awesome, please let me know what you find out.

Lifetime Member

Good news is that I was able to load your CAX file into this older version. It did come up with a warning about values out of range. But otherwise loaded and looks like you can make the changes to these addresses.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAX_warning.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	24344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAX_parameters.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	24345

Lifetime Member

Awesome! Any concern with seeing valued out of range like that?

Somewhere in the V7 tunetool options/settings there is a check box to skip the overlap check... but take note thatbthe overlap check is saying the addresses for D3001-5 are incorrect, you have to find the right addresses.

Lifetime Member

I tried that and it still gives me the same error regardless of whether the box is checked or not. If you see above I've tried countless addresses and always get this error.

Lifetime Member

ddnspider - sent you a copy of the old version. I hope it works for you. I did have one question about the CAX file you shared.

I have read about needing to do this for 4L80E segment swap files, but have never had to do this on a vehicle before. What I have seen, is that there are some variables that need changed as well as some guys talking about a couple of tables that also needs adjusted. Maybe changing the variables negates needing to make changes to the other tables??? The ones that I saw being changed had labels of TCC apply / release speed vs. TPS vs. gear (HPT labels). Let us know if you only needs these variables, or if there is more needed to take care of it.

Lifetime Member

I found my factory OS that can with a 4L80E. All I did was open both files and clicked on the segment swap and it copied over everything as a 4l80E tranmission instead of a 4l60E. I didn't have to change or set any variables when I did this swap. My understanding of the issue was from this thread:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ttle-close-cax

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast