Thread: Help. I think im bricked

Default Help. I think im bricked

I was checking the tune by selecting my truck on the autocal. it started running through the checking and then went to 100% it then said "erasing" and then shut off.. it turned back on and I tried to select a tune and it is not communicating with the ECM. so I got my obdII reader out and it is not reading the obdII nor is the truck starting. why did this thing fail and is there any tips or tricks to get the ECU to reset so it will communicate with a reader?
    I tried searching for a similar issue on the board here but I'm coming up empty. not 100% sure why it went to try to erase anything and then shut off mid-sequence.

edit post
    2013 ram 2500 6.7
    the tuner was with the truck when i bought it a year ago. ive had zero issues with it.
    i installed a new bigger turbo a couple months ago and its been running fine since for break in. wanted to change to tune 5 to see if it perked the big ol turbo up a bit and instead it seems to have eaten rocks.. any ideas.

I am not a diesel guy, but first try would be to hard re-boot by disconnecting battery for at least a minute. If you take the B+ cable off and drain it to the B- all modules should lose everything that is not non-volatile memory. Obviously do NOT do that with dual batteries, both have to be disconnected.
    You usually cannot brick a computer during testing or reading.

Depends where you are located but I’d say find someone with a benchforce and bench harness setup to bring it back to life! It’s simply erased and probably doesn’t know what lines to communicate on.. can always try a recovery file but if it wo t detect I’m sure that won’t work either