Thread: Cacl Pid for AEM Wideband

Default Cacl Pid for AEM Wideband

Has anyone created a calculated pid for the AEM 30-0310 Wideband. I have been working for a week trying to make a CACL pid but have been totally unsuccessful. I just am not smart enough to figure it out upon reading the instructions in the Scanning manual. The math is close to the other Widebands but not the same. AFR is (2.3750*Volts) + 7.3125 where as Lambda is (0.1621*Volts) + 0.4990. Any help either with one someone has created or the "How To " make one. I will attach a doc that I found and attempted to modify but can't figure exactly what to do with it. Any Help will be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    Has anyone created a calculated pid for the AEM 30-0310 Wideband. I have been working for a week trying to make a CACL pid but have been totally unsuccessful. I just am not smart enough to figure it out upon reading the instructions in the Scanning manual. The math is close to the other Widebands but not the same. AFR is (2.3750*Volts) + 7.3125 where as Lambda is (0.1621*Volts) + 0.4990. Any help either with one someone has created or the "How To " make one. I will attach a doc that I found and attempted to modify but can't figure exactly what to do with it. Any Help will be appreciated.
    Thank you
    since posting I read Joecar's responses. I copied his pid and adding it to the calculated pid file in the c drive per his instructions. Plugged back into my v-2 and still does not show up in the pid list. I'm lost Please help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    since posting I read Joecar's responses. I copied his pid and adding it to the calculated pid file in the c drive per his instructions. Plugged back into my v-2 and still does not show up in the pid list. I'm lost Please help
    All,

No need for replies. I searched and finally found enough written about this question I ask that my WB is now working with a serial connection. I have not checked the PID list to see if it is in the analog PID list on 7.5, but it is working and that is enough.

Hi Lanny,
    In the scantool you have to all select the pids that are mentioned in the calc pid.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Lanny,
    In the scantool you have to all select the pids that are mentioned in the calc pid.
    Thanks for your reply Joe :-)

I am still not understanding how to be able to read these pids I caculated in the pid list. I have saved this file in the c drive where Joe saaid to put. When I make a MAP to tune the MAP AEM is not listed anywhere nor is AEM listed when I try to open a preloaded file for VE tuning. It seems to me that it would be relatively easy for EFI Live to add AEM to these PID lists in a new update of both the V 7.5 and the V 8 software. Your competitor has accompolished this and I am betteing that I am not the oly tuner to have thiss issue. I am not into the math so PLEASE just get it done. Thanks in advance.