Thread: E35B Post-Flash Issue - Coincidence?

Default E35B Post-Flash Issue - Coincidence?

Yesterday I flashed 2 E35Bs, both flashed in a truck that has had successful flashes recently since the other truck is experiencing Canbus issues. Both Ecms flashed successfully, both were just receiving minor table changes. Now neither ecm will allow the truck to crank due to theft deterrent communication issues. Neither ECM is automatically discoverable with EFI Live, but they will take a flash and I can log them with the Tech2. Security Light has stayed off, I tried flashing with VATS off, tried flashing their stock files, tried updating EFILive and my firmware, all to no avail. Both ECMs run versions of the 8594 OS. I also just flashed a couple E35As the previous day with no issues using the same older version and v2 as I started these trucks with. Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks,
    Tim

to update this:

Found a couple "issues" when I went digging to try and find another cause for this to be happening. The BCM was the source of a dead short to ground when key was off and modules went to sleep. I didn't like it so I replaced and reprogrammed it.

"Did some more messing around with this truck today. Installed new bcm and updated it with SPS. No more short to ground on the HS Canbus with key off. Updated the ECM with SPS. Communications with the ECM to and from other modules was immediate, truck started. Read out the new ECM file with EFI Live, modified it appropriately, flashed it back in, and back to my original finding of no communication to the ECM from the other modules. Flash in the stock file I read out, still no communication with other modules. So it is a problem with EFI Live."

I used HPTuners to flash in a comparably modified file, worked fine. Decided to update to 6/17 beta build of efi live, and viola, file worked this time. When I tried to read the installed modified file out with this beta build, I got an error message for missing .cam file. So maybe the latest public releases have a glitch for this OS?

Juddski88, not sure if I'm chasing a similar issue or not. I believe I have narrowed it down to a canbus issue after flashing. ( 2 years later) did the BCM change solve the issue along with an updated relash?