Thread: Segment swap /fan issue for OS 12656198?

Default Segment swap /fan issue for OS 12656198?

Does anyone have a compatible segment for this OS? Or able to segment an OS in to get the fans to work? I can't get the fans to come on with temperature. I applied the patch and i can get them to activate with DVT, but they refuse to come on with engine temp. Doing a bunch of reading, i think that may be my issue. Here's my current tune file:

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Are you retrofitting efans to a non-factory efan application? If so, there are tables you need outside of EFILive to accomplish this. The Fan Patch just rescales the ECT axis so you can control the start point lower, it doesnt update things necessary to control an efan.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Are you retrofitting efans to a non-factory efan application? If so, there are tables you need outside of EFILive to accomplish this. The Fan Patch just rescales the ECT axis so you can control the start point lower, it doesnt update things necessary to control an efan.
    Yes I am. Donor vehicle had engine driven fans. How do I add the tables to get E-fans to work?

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Manual LS3 6.2 Litre (12656198).ctz

do a segment swap from this & see if it works for you

I've tried that file, it doesn't start after I swap the "system" portion- even after removing VATS. I tried removing it before and after segment swap, for some reason it doesn't work.

have you got the clutch pedal position sensor installed/wired to the ecu or have you tried turning off the clutch check?

I have not. It's set to "yes" on my other tune, I didn't think much about it. I can try it. When I say it doesn't start, it will crank, but not fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobyj177 View Post
    I have not. It's set to "yes" on my other tune, I didn't think much about it. I can try it. When I say it doesn't start, it will crank, but not fire.
    ah ok. so your wired to starter directly then. sounds like a vats issue. sometimes you need to play with the settings to get them going. just turning off vats doesnt always work. you might need to play with the vats type option.