Thread: No start after segment swap

Default No start after segment swap

At my wits end here.. Can anyone help me out with why this thing won't start after a "system" segment swap? Trying to get my fans to work. Using the same OS as what i have, but if i install the segmented tune, it doesn't fire. Runs fine if i put the original system segment back in. System segment is from a manual trans car...what I have is a 6L90. would that matter? File for reference:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Think you posted on FB as well. Need more info, is this a factory application or swap? You can't mix n match auto and manual stuff, that's partially defined in the System segment (and others).

If you want to get your fans to work, assuming efans in non-factory efan application. You need parameters modified that are not in EFILive, either need to have someone add via .cax, patch it yourself if you know the parameters/tables, or use another tuning platform for this part.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I did post on FB as well. So, I have no clue how to do anything with cax files. Does this same problem exist with HP tuners?

Lifetime Member

Not to over simplify it, but there are TONS of things defined in the System segment, a bunch of which we (the aftermarket) still don't know what they do. Don't swap segments unless you absolutely need to, especially in Gen IV+.

If you're only trying to get efans to work, yes other suites have the necessary parameters defined to accomplish it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.