Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OS 09381344 - Trying to perform Calc.MAFT

I've placed copies of calc_pids.txt in all of the following directories and I still do not see things such as CALC.VET, CALC.MAFT, CALC.SELBEN, etc that are defined within the calc_pids.txt file.

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\PIDs

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8\User Defined PIDs

I am making an assumption that once I find the proper location for calc_pids.txt I will actually see the PIDS listed in the file within the Scan tool's Calculated PIDs section ? I'm also assuming this file is read when the scan took is launched.

Finally figured out there is a section in the V2 handheld to turn on the A/D PIDs (A/D PIDs = YES/NO). This helped to start seeing the results in the datalog, however the values are whacked out and the calibration process does not seem to be working. AD1 readings will switch between 1325 and 4080 (the low and high voltage values I supplied) and AD2-AD3 are constant 1325, all regardless of the voltage value applied to the ADx pins. Seem there might be a hardware fault?! :-(

It seems the TAQuickness cables are no longer available. Would the following cable work (in addition to an EFILive Serial cable and a NULL MODEM) to try reading the WB02 in through the serial port ? It kinda looks like there is only two wires on this listing. Other posts on here make it seem there should be 3 or even four wires ?

https://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Moto...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    I just loaded a PCM with a stock 12212156 OS from a 2002 corvette 4l60E using a benchtop harness. I still don't see GM.VETABLE_DMA or numerous Calc.MAFT PIDs from the tutorial. Although within the tutorial they are referenced as Calc.VET PIDs, which is a little confusing ?
    You may have to do Info->Validate in the V7 scantool.

Also, I'm still unsure on where to put the "calc_pids.txt" file with V8 and if the file name is still accurate for V8.
    I assume it might get copied here ?
    C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8\User Defined PID\calc_pids.txt
    calc_pid.txt is fot V7 only.

V8 has a user interface that lets you define the calc pid using syntax that is different than V7.

I appreciate your continued assistance as I struggle through this.
    No worries.

I've placed copies of calc_pids.txt in all of the following directories and I still do not see things such as CALC.VET, CALC.MAFT, CALC.SELBEN, etc that are defined within the calc_pids.txt file.

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\PIDs

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8

C:\Users\twada\Documents\EFILive\V8\User Defined PIDs

I am making an assumption that once I find the proper location for calc_pids.txt I will actually see the PIDS listed in the file within the Scan tool's Calculated PIDs section ? I'm also assuming this file is read when the scan took is launched.
    V7 calc pids format is Not for V8

Finally figured out there is a section in the V2 handheld to turn on the A/D PIDs (A/D PIDs = YES/NO). This helped to start seeing the results in the datalog, however the values are whacked out and the calibration process does not seem to be working. AD1 readings will switch between 1325 and 4080 (the low and high voltage values I supplied) and AD2-AD3 are constant 1325, all regardless of the voltage value applied to the ADx pins. Seem there might be a hardware fault?! :-(
    Please post your log file.

It seems the TAQuickness cables are no longer available. Would the following cable work (in addition to an EFILive Serial cable and a NULL MODEM) to try reading the WB02 in through the serial port ? It kinda looks like there is only two wires on this listing. Other posts on here make it seem there should be 3 or even four wires ?

https://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Moto...cx_mr_hp_atf_m
    Null midem cable may work... if it does not, then switch thevTx and Rx wires.

I think RS232 needs 3vwires to function.

That's just it, the log shows 0 volts for every AFR WBO2 PID I could find. Which had me isolating the issue between the Innovate WBO2 and the FlashScan V2 equipment. I had it narrowed down to seeing the proper voltage coming out of the LM2, but never seeing any voltage in the A/D inputs on the Flashscan V2. I had made sure the A/D inputs were set to YES in the V2, made sure the OBDII was getting 12V from the vehicle, as I understand that is necessary for the A/D inputs to work. Still no voltage shown on the V2. I tried going through the calibration process on the V2 handheld and through the EFILive software, neither provided a readable value for the input Volts from the A/D inputs. whether you applied voltage or not, the value stuck at the last value used during the calibration process.

Unfortunately I had to return the equipment back to the owner and let them know my findings.

I wanted to provide an update even though my tuning process has taken a turn away from this.

BTW - It was great to get a response regarding the calc_pids.txt. I was going insane trying to copy that file to all kinds of locations to get it to work, lol.

I have been dealing with the same issue, getting an A:F finally through the serial input, on the V2
    Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12