Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tune for 2011 Chevy Silverado

Default tune for 2011 Chevy Silverado

my stock l20 4.8 let me down at 240k and not mad about it. pulled the 4.8 and install 5.3l with sloppy stage 2 cam and 243 heads with bigger valve springs
    truck has a 38 ecm and have been trying to tune myself with not so good luck truck runs and drive with stock tune i dont understand the ecm and just want it to run better

does anyone have a tune file for a fly by wire 5.3 with sloppy stage 2 cam or could help me with mine

i feel like getting rid of the vvt has my spark table way out of the ball park

please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230807-103031_Video Trimmer.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	24517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230807-103058_Video Trimmer.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	24518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230825-163437_Amazon Shopping.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	24519  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rwhite85; October 29th, 2023 at 04:26 AM.

Lifetime Member

Posting your tune helps

so i have been messing with it and it runs alot better in open loop. after that when i think i am doing good i load the tune and it sucks. at this point i wish i had put an older ecm in the truck. but this is what i got and i will figure it out. i also am a dad of three kids under 12 so hard to find time to figure EFI out. this is the tune and a log of a drive to work
    Last edited by Rwhite85; October 29th, 2023 at 04:27 AM.

Lifetime Member

Do you have a wideband?

GIve this a try and see how it does. Dont do any WOT pulls until you get a wideband tho.

You cant put a older ECM in the truck tho. Your stuck with the E38 unless you go with a Holley EFI setup.

just looked threw it. first i want to say thanks for taking the time for me. are my spark tables that far off. i am going to get a wideband. what would you recommend for the wideband. i have played with the tune more around idle because i reall want the big cam sound that i cant seem to get. today i am trying to get the truck to hold back when off the gas and i pull it down a gear. i really dont have a clue what i am doing if you cant tell. i am going to load the tune and give it a shot thank you again this is my latest tune

Hiya,
    While this is a tuning forum, most of us are professional tuners and don't share tuning information. EfiLive has provided an excellent TOOL to aid in the tuning process.

Post your stock file and I will help you with a starter tune so you can fine tune from there.
    -Carl

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rwhite85 View Post
    just looked threw it. first i want to say thanks for taking the time for me. are my spark tables that far off. i am going to get a wideband. what would you recommend for the wideband. i have played with the tune more around idle because i reall want the big cam sound that i cant seem to get. today i am trying to get the truck to hold back when off the gas and i pull it down a gear. i really dont have a clue what i am doing if you cant tell. i am going to load the tune and give it a shot thank you again this is my latest tune
    Completely forget about the ghost cam tuning. Get the thing to run right first then do that mess later.
    Right now your upsetting the idle with ghost cam but your also trying to get the idle right "when off the gas and i pull it down a gear"

Ive used Innovative LC2 wideband for years with serial comms to the EFI Live V2.

Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    Completely forget about the ghost cam tuning. Get the thing to run right first then do that mess later.
    Right now your upsetting the idle with ghost cam but your also trying to get the idle right "when off the gas and i pull it down a gear"

Ive used Innovative LC2 wideband for years with serial comms to the EFI Live V2.
    pulling down a gear meaning down shift my auto trans i am sorry should have just said that. i am a country guy and i am learning the computer and how to use these forums at the same time. i have been reading threw every thing i can find on tuning. i am sure of a few thing in the past few months of trying to figure this out. a e38 pcm is prolly not a good choice for my first tune, i have a lot of respect for you guys that can tune and figure this stuff out, the more i read the more confused i get. saying that i have learned alot and i have made the truck run a lot better then it did on my stock tune. i know there are mixed feelings on the crackle/pop when off the fuel pedal. but i like it and i think i got that part [maybe]
    "ghost cam" i think i know what ur saying. i am around trucks and cars that have cammed ls engine and sound amazing and mine just sounds like its just running like shit. i do have stock exhaust besides a muffler.
    as far as running, i drive the truck daily. it does not run bad with what i have done. its smooth and feels like its just a stock truck. i know it should have more power. i have a ss3600ls stall to put in just have not had the time.
    i am going to get the wideband thank you for that.

short story. i am a technician just never went past loading a tune that was sent to me. i had set up for a shop to tune my truck before i built it. called when i got it running they then told me they would not touch it because they did not build it. i put a 5,3 out of a 1999 truck into a 2011 truck so i had to change the trigger wheel on the crank and put an ls2 timing cover. so now i am here and would be happy to pay someone to tune it.

everyone around where i live has hp tuners, i so badly want to figure this all out on mine own but i don't think i am smart enough. i am a visual learner

thanks to you guys for helping

like i said i am figure this out i think this is the stock tune

Hiya,
    Don't beat yourself up, I've been doing EFI since the early 90's and still learn. As far as aftermarket goes, I like EfiLive the best. I have most all(HPT, EfiLive, TunerCat and the real GM cumbersome software) Give me a bit and I will post a good starting file for you.

well this is my first tune.all i ever done was load what was sent to me. i feel like i have done some things right. i am really confused on the spark tables on how to dial them in. i have it at 18 on idle and the tune i was sent has 30 where i have 18 so i am confused as to y its 30. i am worried about dialing in the fuel if i cant get the spark right. then the idle, it has a good size cam or so i thought and just sounds like its misfiring most the time every now and again it will chop. i have only been at this for a few months. there is so much more to this then i ever thought and my hat is off to u and the ones that do this every day. i feel like if i worked with someone that could show me and explain i would pick this up a lot faster. but i cant find anyone around me that bulids custom tunes with EFI. so here i am. any way thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast