Thread: Another LB7 with ECM problems

Default Another LB7 with ECM problems

Bought an EZ tune Diesel Tuner from Diesel Domination several years ago. Worked great.; Have used it several times. Was tuning my 2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax a few weeks ago. Putting it in "power tune" for the first time from Standard tune. Went thru the procedure and received an error. Believe I broke the connection before the procedure was complete. Screen locked up. pulled plug and started over; screen indicated vehicle was in "power tune. Would not start. started over to put truck back in standard. Received error message, Key error 45f7 and seed error 0000. Screen locked again. pulled plug.

Tried to,contact the company but they are out of business or at least can't be contacted by the numbers provided in manual.

Now my truck wont start. Am researching EFILive but don't know much about it. Will an EFILive help correct the ECM lockup and flash? Any suggestions on what to do.

The likely scenario is that the ECM is toast. EFILive can revive a lot of ECMs that cannot be revived by the dealer with a tech 2, but your ecm is notorious for losing its identity. Your best bet is to send it to someone who can evaluate it off the vehicle.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Sent my ECM to Killerbee. He fixed it. I installed it and my truck started right away and drove great. Shout out to Killerbee. Great job. Thanks so much.