Thread: google search E38 EFI live tune.

Default google search E38 EFI live tune.

i am new to EFI. I have tried to find videos on how to tune. I am most defiantly a visual learner all there is out there is HP videos. anyone know why that is or is there a place i can see videos on building a tune for a E38 pcm.

Lifetime Member

Not sure there are many specific videos for EFILive. You can check out the ELITE tuning school. They have been avid EFILive users. If you want a specific class, i am sure they would entertain the idea.

What is your initial issue?
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

my stock l20 4.8 let me down at 240k and not mad about it. pulled the 4.8 and install 5.3l with sloppy stage 2 cam and 243 heads with bigger valve springs
    truck has a 38 ecm. so changes i made are 4.8 to 5.3 and thats not a big change other then the 585 lift cam. so the big change is really the cam. the biggest thing i know of it timing. 4.8vvt could get 60 deg of timing and the 5.3 can not get close with the cam.
    i am not building a race truck. its my everyday truck. i just want it tuned to have a good choppy sound and still able for my wife to hit the key and go. i have done the timing and it runs ok. my biggest problem i think is u never know what it is going to sound like at idle. if i flat foot it around 6k rpm it goes into reduce power. there is still so much to tune. i do have it in open loop. going to try mafless today. i wish i would went for a different ecm now this 38 is crazy ad its my first tune.