Thread: New here, need some guidance

Default New here, need some guidance

Hey everyone, new here and to tuning with efi live as well..I’ve got two questions in particular I’m hoping someone can give me some clarification on.
    First, truck is a 08 2500 6.7 with an Anarchy tune..I’m sure as many of you are probably aware, they are no longer, therefore if i loose this tune (ECM craps out) I’m out of luck. So simple question is, what do I need to be able to back up this tune..can I buy something like an auto cal (read about those some years back) and just copy my tune to that? How would I go about making sure I’ve always got a copy so I can instal a new computer and just put my tune back on it.

Second question, knowing all that..I’m wanting to do a G56 swap (she’s an auto now) and from what I understand it’s not just grounding the clutch pedals, apparently I need to actually flash the ECM to a manual. Can this be done without loosing my anarchy tune and how would I do it? Also..just hypothetically, could I just buy an ECM for a manual truck and use an auto cal or something to flash my existing tune onto it, or is it the tune itself that need to be changed..in other words, if I swap to a manual trans am I saying bye bye to the Anarchy Diesel Tune I have now?

Please keep in mind, the last time I flashed a truck was a late 90’s gasser with a superchips programmer LOL..I know nothing about efi live nowadays or flashing an 08 or what has changed .
    Any help is MUCH appreciated!

I'd be glad to help ya but I can't send a pm for some reason. gimme a contact for u and I'll contact u

Sure budd, my email is chevelle505@gmail.com. Really appreciate it!!

Hey man. I’m brand new to all this also. I have a efi flashscan v2 and I’m in the middle of swapping my 2013 ram 2500 from a 68rfe to a g56 if you are willingly to help a guy out and just point me in the right direction in order to do this could you email me at landonw13@icloud.com