Thread: 2000 silverado vats

Default 2000 silverado vats

Hi. Does anyone know for sure if the vat's can be deleted in my 2000 silverado , i believe it is passlock 2. I know i can select none in the theft parameters within the tune but would this be all that is needed , dtc codes as the pcm will no longer respond to the bcm signal as the passlock is controlled by the bcm. The only wire the pcm has concerning vats is that my pcm controls the fuel pump relay for fuel cut off but i imaging the pcm can also cut the fuel injectors or does it only cut the fuel pump. All is fine with my truck concerning the vats system but i just would like to know where to go with all this incase. This did happen in my 2003 grand am gt as the passlock module at the ignition key was not always working. I did a resistor bypass after measuring the value at the passlock module and then putting a resister of the same value between the yellow wire b6 circuit 1836 and black wire a6 circuit 1835 on the middle connector of the bcm after cutting them from the passlock module. I am sure this would work on my 2000 silverado if needed one day but i would rather do it within the pcm in the theft section. The grand am circuit seems very similar to my trucks circuit but the grand am pcm not only cuts fuel pump but also starter and my truck only cuts the fuel pump according to the gm schematics. I have never even set the the security off in my truck . no remotes just a basic 4x4 silverado long box single cabin. Thank you . Eric

VATS can be disabled in your PCM. No problem. Your security light will continue to illuminate since it is controlled by the TBC, or BCM.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Thanks for the info . Oh curious about something, at the early stages of all my truck mods before i bought my efi live V2 in 2009 i ordered a tune that came in a pcm as i did not want to send mine out and that would leave me with a space. I put it in my truck for a while before i put my original back in when i got my V2. I did not get any trouble codes or any vats problems , i was under the impression that if either the pcm or bcm was changed they would have to have a learn procedure done between both of them . Thank you . Eric
    Last edited by Eric; February 14th, 2024 at 04:25 PM.