Thread: ANOTHER lly full flash issue, possible bricked ecm?

Default ANOTHER lly full flash issue, possible bricked ecm?

Good day. its been about 15 years since i have actually used a forum but i must admit i am at my wits end trying to tune my lly. so heres the skinny

tunes are from calibrated power. i removed the following fuses. Radio, radio amp, info and abs. i went as far as to removed the main fuse for my subs, lift pump fuse has also been removed. i currently have a tap shifter conversion for the trans that uses a fuse tap in the cab fuse box. i removed the conversion harness at the tcm and arranged it back to factory, the fuse tap has also been removed for the tap shifter. i also went ahead and removed the radio completely as well as the radio interface module.. now here is my issue

i could not get the tunes to load the traditional way with the autocal v3. i contacted calibrated power and was instructed to do a pass thru. Our laptop is a bit on the older side and uses windows 10. i fought the full flash for just about a day when i finally got it to take.. kind of. i got as far as licensing the autocal and during the "program" process i got booted with the dreaded 0101 no data received code. now my truck will not start and current dtc is u1000. i was only able to get this far by using the " stock key", "assume lock me faulty", and " try additional strategies" selected, high speed was not checked during this process. Ive repeated the previous steps multiple time and everytime i get to the "erase file" and then it boots me at the "program" portion. ANY help would be appreciated. i also downloaded efi 7.5 i can pull of the tunes (both stock and calibrated power) tune files but i cannot get the program to connect to my ecm.

edit firmware and bootblock are up to date on v8
    Last edited by Jimmysparkles187; February 25th, 2024 at 03:05 PM.
    2005 LLY duramax sas on 37s calibrated power 6spd conversion, fleece tap shifter, calibrated power DT750 built trans. 4.56s gear, dodge aam torsen limited slip

Try connecting to ONLY the ECM. The is a splice pack for the communication bus under the dash behind the fuse block. See the attached location image. Disconnect the splice bar the connects all the circuits, and connect only pins D and B. That essentially makes your truck a bench harness.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Lennydmaxguy View Post
    Try connecting to ONLY the ECM. The is a splice pack for the communication bus under the dash behind the fuse block. See the attached location image. Disconnect the splice bar the connects all the circuits, and connect only pins D and B. That essentially makes your truck a bench harness.
    Just to clarify I need to build 2 jumper wires to jump pins d and b to the auto cal odb2 connector?
    2005 LLY duramax sas on 37s calibrated power 6spd conversion, fleece tap shifter, calibrated power DT750 built trans. 4.56s gear, dodge aam torsen limited slip

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysparkles187 View Post
    Just to clarify I need to build 2 jumper wires to jump pins d and b to the auto cal odb2 connector?
    Correct. Ideally you would need terminal pins that match the connector, but if you're careful, you can probably use a paper clip or similar metal object to make the connection at the splice pack. Just be sure not to spread the terminals open.

And yes, you'll connect the Autocal at the DLC as usual.

Correct. Ideally you would need terminal pins that match the connector, but if you're careful, you can probably use a paper clip or similar metal object to make the connection at the splice pack. Just be sure not to spread the terminals open.

And yes, you'll connect the Autocal at the DLC as usual.
    Bare with me as I think I misunderstood ya. So I'm basically removing the splice to jumb pin b to d with a paper clip, and perform a pass thru as normal. I've done similar on isl cummins so I'm fairly familiar with that process. Just wanted to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysparkles187 View Post
    Bare with me as I think I misunderstood ya. So I'm basically removing the splice to jumb pin b to d with a paper clip, and perform a pass thru as normal. I've done similar on isl cummins so I'm fairly familiar with that process. Just wanted to make sure
    Yes, you understood right. The paper clip is a bit of a hack, but SHOULD get the job done.

I should add, when looking for that splice pack, it will likely be taped to another wiring harness. It will be a connector like the pictures I posted above, with a (I think) white "cap" in the end.

Found the splice pack and getting ready to try the pass thru

Yes, you understood right. The paper clip is a bit of a hack, but SHOULD get the job done.

I should add, when looking for that splice pack, it will likely be taped to another wiring harness. It will be a connector like the pictures I posted above, with a (I think) white "cap" in the end.
    Only took it 9 minutes to flash the stock cal back onto it for a test and then I went ahead and loaded the calibrated power tunes everything appears to be good. Truck started! I ran the dsp5 wires but haven't pinned them to the ecm yet but it's looking promising !

Glad to hear.