Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mar 23, 2024, V8.4.48 Beta Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lennydmaxguy View Post
    I'm no longer able to load tune files saved with V8 in V7.5. Is that by design, or will it be fixed?
    That is by design. When changes/updates are made to the content/format of the *.ctz files, the older software can longer read/interpret the data in the *.ctz files.
    Updates and maintenance to the V7 software were stopped 2 years ago - that software version is no longer supported.

If there is anything that you use V7 for that you can't use V8 for, please let us know so that we can ensure that functionality is available in V8.

For now (while the beta version is active) you can uninstall it and re-install the previous public release (to get all the config/setup files back).
    You can even downgrade your FlashScan firmware to any all the way back to 3.00.105

If you have saved any tune files using the latest beta version, you cannot use those files with any other version except the beta version.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woody35 View Post
    Connect Flashscan. Open Explorer and go to F12:Firmware Tab. I had the old V3.00.111 as an option to download to the Flashscan. I just looked and it isnt there anymore. I might have inadvertently saved over it when I was reinstalling the different software versions trying to troubleshoot my log issues. I will say though even if you download the old firmware, you will not be able to flash new files if you updated your configuration files. You will receive Script Errors. I am not sure how to recover old Config versions. I didn't spend much time trying.
    You would need to uninstall the beta version and re-install the current public release.
    You can use EFILive Explorer to downgrade the firmware to V3.00.106 to match the public release version.

Use this as a guide:

• If you are using the current public release, you should have matching Software V8.3.38 and Firmware V3.00.106
    • If you are using the latest beta release, you should have matching Software V8.4.47 and Firmware V3.00.116

You cannot mix and match config/setup files from the two different versions.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That is by design. When changes/updates are made to the content/format of the *.ctz files, the older software can longer read/interpret the data in the *.ctz files.
    Updates and maintenance to the V7 software were stopped 2 years ago - that software version is no longer supported.

Regards
    Paul
    I knew this was coming, call me old school but its going to be tough to say bye to V7.5, its treated me so well over the years and I still am using it 90% of the time. Ah well.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That is by design.

If there is anything that you use V7 for that you can't use V8 for, please let us know so that we can ensure that functionality is available in V8.

Regards
    Paul
    There's a lot of LML stuff that isn't in there. But I think that's by design also?

And sometimes V7.5 will load a BIN file where V8 won't. I just like having both and it's nice if the files load seamlessly.

I actually do have a workaround, but I doubt it's approved, so I'll just say it is possible to get a file opened in the old version after being saved in the Beta version.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    I knew this was coming, call me old school but its going to be tough to say bye to V7.5, its treated me so well over the years and I still am using it 90% of the time. Ah well.... lol
    There are many tools that actually aid in converting over. What is stopping you from using v8? anything i can help with to make the transition? I had the exact same thought about it as you did and I haven't used v7 in 2 years or more now.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woody35 View Post
    Good to hear! Did you program your old Config Files first or the old Firmware?
    Old firmware...
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    There are many tools that actually aid in converting over. What is stopping you from using v8? anything i can help with to make the transition? I had the exact same thought about it as you did and I haven't used v7 in 2 years or more now.
    Time honestly, I have a ton of cax files and while some do work in the converter some do not and force me to spend time to pick through the layout and see why its not happy. Its just been quicker to keep working in V7 then use V8 to lock and make BBX.

i still use 7.5, 95% of the time too. i've been slow to go across to v8.

what would be nice to get in v8 is being able to open hpt's custom os files. i dont care to look at the ve map modification they did. in 7.5 i can often rename the factory os calz file to the hpt os number & can open, edit files & flash back in.

maybe even an option/pop up that allows u to select the definition file to try on an unknown os ? since we all know the remaining calibration data in the file itself doesn't change in the custom hpt stuff. (ls1,e38) maybe make that feature available in the pro-tuning option. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Time honestly, I have a ton of cax files and while some do work in the converter some do not and force me to spend time to pick through the layout and see why its not happy. Its just been quicker to keep working in V7 then use V8 to lock and make BBX.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    i still use 7.5, 95% of the time too. i've been slow to go across to v8.

what would be nice to get in v8 is being able to open hpt's custom os files. i dont care to look at the ve map modification they did. in 7.5 i can often rename the factory os calz file to the hpt os number & can open, edit files & flash back in.

maybe even an option/pop up that allows u to select the definition file to try on an unknown os ? since we all know the remaining calibration data in the file itself doesn't change in the custom hpt stuff. (ls1,e38) maybe make that feature available in the pro-tuning option. ;-)
    Good points as well.

I love the fact that Efilive is flexible with other tuning systems with the ability to load BIN files, and CAX add ins. The competition, OTOH, is doing everything in their power to make it impossible to use anything BUT their system.

Well the latest beta V8 update restores ECM and TCM logging without any glitches for me.
    2016 LML

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast