Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apr 13, 2024, V8.4.51 Beta Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Apr 13, 2024, V8.4.51 Beta Release

V8.4.51 Public Beta Release

Be careful when installing the beta software on your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. If you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V3/V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

WARNING for FlashScan/AutoCal V2 users:
    Firmware versions V2.08.199 and later are ONLY compatible with the EFILive V8 software, they are NOT compatible with any version of the EFILive V7.5 software.
    You
    SHOULD only update the firmware to version V2.08.199 or later if you intend to use the EFILive V8 software.
    You
    SHOULD NOT update the firmware to version V2.08.199 or later if you intend to use the EFILive V7.5 software.
    NOTE: The V7.5 software is no longer actively supported - EFILive does not provide technical support for the EFILive V7.5 software.

WARNING for FlashScan/AutoCal V3 users:
    Firmware versions V3.00.117 and later may only be rolled back to version V3.00.114.

WARNING for all users:
    Tune files saved using the beta software are not backwardly compatible with previous versions of the EFILive software.
    Tune files saved using previous versions of the EFILive software are compatible with this beta version.

The current public release is available here.

Full Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V8 software: V8.4.51
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.120
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.08.204

Download here:
    Known Limitations:
    Limitation #1: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Limitation #2: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), that are specific to a custom operating system such as DSP2 or DSP5 PIDs when running a stock operating system, the values returned by those DMA PIDs will not contain valid information and should be ignored.
    Workaround: Ignore unsupported DMA PIDs.

Known Issues:
    None.

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by Blacky; 3 Days Ago at 04:58 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hey Mate, im still running the public release but had a look through the change log and didn't see anything mentioned that was similar that was fixed.

For the first time ever i was using v8 with an aem x-series device on a customers car with his v3 device. I found that I had to constantly stop/start the log because the aem wideband data would freeze, everything else was still logging.

I setup his BBX logging & it didn't seem to experience the same issue. Sadly I did not save any logs when it froze. (I have my own x-series i can do some testing with and provide some data if you need it)

Also, would it be possible to log ecu/tcm/wb02 in the future?

I loaded the latest version Beta download and now I cannot open any NEW files and then use 7.5 to tune with !!!!!!!! Why ??? I have been tuning 19 years with 7.5 and do not want to use 8.0 V3 for tuning as it is too complicated and difficult to re learn
    I want to tune with 7.5 again-------How do I do that ? can I go back to the previous version ?
    I copy and paste many many tunes but now I cannot as I get that crazy message---
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    For the first time ever i was using v8 with an aem x-series device on a customers car with his v3 device. I found that I had to constantly stop/start the log because the aem wideband data would freeze, everything else was still logging.
    Pretty sure that was a firmware issue with the AEM. Maybe contact AEM and see if they have updated firmware that will fix that issue.

Also, would it be possible to log ecu/tcm/wb02 in the future?
    It's currently not possible with pass-thru logging.
    Pretty sure black box logging can handle 3 controllers. It's not a documented/supported feature so you need to manually edit the Options.txt file that tells FlashScan what controllers to log.

You use something like this (obviously swap out BMS for AEM):

Code:
    *PID_SELECTIONS
    ;
    ;Caption           Active Modules (Engine&Trans)     Hot Key  Dashboard                  Protocol
    ;----------------- ------ -------------------------- -------- -------------------------- --------
    E92|T87A+BMS,      Y,     E92&T87A&BMS,              0,       ,                          J1979

and this:

Code:
    ; _________________________________________________________________________
    ; (E92|T87A+BMS)
    *PSL_03
    ;
    ;Node PID        Custom (Cap:Units:Prec:Fact:Offs:Inv)             Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)
    ;---- ---------- ------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
    ECM.RPM,         N:::0:1:0:N,                                      0:N:0:N:0:10:0                                              
    ECM.VSS,         N:::0:1:0:N,                                      0:N:0:N:0:10:0                                              
    ECM.MAF,         N:::0:1:0:N,                                      0:N:0:N:0:10:0                                              
    ECM.TP,          N:::0:1:0:N,                                      0:N:0:N:0:10:0                                              
    TCM.RPM,         N:::0:1:0:N,                                      0:N:0:N:0:10:0                                              
    TCM.VSS,         N:::0:1:0:N,                                      0:N:0:N:0:10:0                                              
    TCM.VPWR,        N:::0:1:0:N,                                      0:N:0:N:0:10:0                                              
    GPM.WO2S11
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    I loaded the latest version Beta download and now I cannot open any NEW files and then use 7.5 to tune with !!!!!!!! Why ??? I have been tuning 19 years with 7.5 and do not want to use 8.0 V3 for tuning as it is too complicated and difficult to re learn
    I want to tune with 7.5 again-------How do I do that ? can I go back to the previous version ?
    I copy and paste many many tunes but now I cannot as I get that crazy message---
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP
    I recommend not using V7. It has not been supported for about 2 years now.
    If you want to continue using V7, then you cannot create/save tune files using the latest version of V8.

There is a warning in the initial post, see "WARNING for all users" above.

I'm happy to help you make the switch/conversion to V8 if you would like.

Regards
    Paul

Will give those changes a go for my cars. The issue with the aem data freezing was purely in pass-through. it seemed to be okay when logging from the v3 device.

Will give those changes a go for my cars. The issue with the aem data freezing was purely in pass-through. it seemed to be okay when logging from the v3 device.
    In that case, can you please provide some trace files...

In stand alone data logging - where it works, can you log data for about 10 seconds, then stop the log and save a *.xalm trace file directly from the V3 device. (Scan Tool -> F3: Scan Options -> F1: Save Trace File)

In pass-thu mode - where it fails, can you log data until the AEM has stopped sending data, then stop the log and save another *.xalm trace file directly from the V3 device - and save a *.htx trace file from the EFILive Control Panel.

Note: When saving the *.xalm files you have to save them before rebooting the V3 device (i.e. before unplugging from the vehicle).

Can you please create a support ticket here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket
    and include those trace files.

Regards
    Paul

When a scan tool is communicating with a vehicle controller, it periodically sends a keep alive message to let the controller know that it is still connected. If the scan tool is disconnected and the keep alive messages are no longer being transmitted by the scan tool, the controller(s)on the vehicle can correctly assume that the scan tool is no longer present and that the controllers can return to "normal operation" - i.e. no longer transmitting data logging data for the scan tool.
    That is what I believe the AEM is doing when it stop transmitting - it is "thinking" that the scan tool has been disconnected because it has not seen a keep alive message from the scan tool for a certain period of time.

The OBDII standards says that the keep alive time should be 5 seconds. I.e. The controller(s) on the vehicle (including the AEM device) can only assume that the scan tool is no longer present, if no keep alive message has been received for more than 5 seconds.

I believe the AEM was using a value much smaller than 5 seconds before timing out and that the firmware update that AEM did was to increase the allowed time between keep alive messages on the CAN bus.

I did just go look at the keep alive poll times of the V3 firmware v's the V8 pass-thru software.
    The V3 firmware uses a 900ms poll time, so it sends a keep alive to the AEM within every 1 second.
    The V8 pass-thru software uses a 1800ms poll time, so it sends a keep alive within every 2 seconds.

If the AEM is using, say a 1 second timeout, that would explain why the V3 stand alone mode works while the pass-thru does not.

Would you be interested in testing that theory? If so let me know and I will change the V8 software to be the same as the firmware, using 900ms instead of 1800ms.

Regards
    Paul

yeah happy to give it a go. i can swap out 1 of the existing units in 1 of my cars with the can version (i still used the older analog wiring in that).

I'm in Perth, so will get to workshop around 9-10am my time in the morning.

As for the standalone logging, I did update the options file on my & customers v3 device to try and get ecu/tcm/aem working but it wouldn't show up. I was opening the options file in the V8 bbx & programming it.

Or do i need to copy the file manually via explorer to the v3 also?

E38-Man|, Y, E38&AEM, 1, , J1979
    E38+T43|, Y, E38&T43, 2, , J1979
    E38|T43+AEM, Y, E38&T43&AEM, 3, , J1979
    ; (E38|T43+AEM)
    *PSL_03
    ;
    ;Node PID Custom (Cap:Units:Prec:Fact:Offs:Inv) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)
    ;---- ---------- ------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
    ECM.VPWR, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    ECM.APP, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    ECM.E85R, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    TCM.VSS, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    ECM.EOPS, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    TCM.TRQENG_C, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    ECM.RPM, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    ECM.ECT, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    ECM.IAT, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    EXT.AD3, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    ECM.MAP, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    EXT.WO2AFR1, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    EXT.WO2LAM1, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    ECM.SPARKADV, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    ECM.KNKRET, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    ECM.ETCTP, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    ECM.INVLVTMP_M, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    AEM.BENAEMAD4, Calc
    AEM.BENAEMAD3, Calc
    ECM.APCYL_M, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    AEM.AD4LAMBDA, Calc
    EXT.AD4, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    ECM.EQ_RAT, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    TCM.TFT, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    TCM.TCCSLIP, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    TCM.GEAR, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:0:0
    TCM.SHIFT34, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    TCM.SHIFT23, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    TCM.SHIFT12, N:::0:1:0:N, 0:N:0:N:0:10:0
    GPM.WO2S11
    I may have just answered this myself. i loaded up the options file, then used the bbx screen to save it as another file name. then opened the txt file & the W02S11 has been stripped.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; 1 Week Ago at 04:21 AM.

I may have just answered this myself. i loaded up the options file, then used the bbx screen to save it as another file name. then opened the txt file & the W02S11 has been stripped.
    Correct, you have to edit the Options.txt file and upload it manually using EFILive Explorer. The V8 software will only allow 2 controllers.
    Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast