Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: E67/T42 swap will not start and Idle

  1. #1

    Default E67/T42 swap will not start and Idle

    Hello, Been fighting this thing for a week now. I am really struggling to get this engine to start and idle, its a 1999 Silverado RCSB the owner had a 418 Stroker built for and for some reason had it built with a 58X Crank reluctor. So long story short it is on its 3rd Harness/ PCm setup and It has fallen into my lap trying to get it to run. I have gotten the WOT stuff finished it runs well there AFR and everything looks good but startup and Idle i just cannot get figured out any help would be much appreciated. I would also love if someone can share a 2008 TBSS stock engine file.

    Specs
    418 Stroker
    60lb injectors
    LS7 Card Style MAF
    4L80E Trans

  2. #2
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,937

    Default

    I posted my 08 TBSS stock file with the VIN sanitized here: Need stock 2008 TBSS file

    The 07 and 08 TBSS' have fairly different OS', GM was clearly changing a bunch in 07/08/09. Obvious example is there are 2 MAF tables in 07 and 1 in the 08/09 and the IFR limits in 09 are double that of 07/08.

    What stall is in the converter?

    Bummer on 58x/4x, would have been pretty simple to run the factory 99 PCM on a 24x/1x engine.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

  3. #3
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Ive had lots of weird issues with trucks that come in with swaps that have E67, E76 and even one that was a huge headache with a E38.
    Had several tuners go thru them, replaced the ECMs, even swapped one E76 over to E38 and still had issues.
    Finally just took the stock ECMs out and put Holley Dominator ECU in. No more problems and went deep down the rabbit hole with traction control and such.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    Ive had lots of weird issues with trucks that come in with swaps that have E67, E76 and even one that was a huge headache with a E38.
    Had several tuners go thru them, replaced the ECMs, even swapped one E76 over to E38 and still had issues.
    Finally just took the stock ECMs out and put Holley Dominator ECU in. No more problems and went deep down the rabbit hole with traction control and such.
    This had a Term X in it from the shop that built the engine, but they couldn't get it to run on that garbage system, The customer of mine that brought this to me had Current Performance build the harness to try and get it running, but its at the same point now as with the Term X where it does not run worth a damn. I would have loved to have it be a good PCM like the LS1B and would have been out the door the same day had they not just left this 24X with a Cable throttle body as all LS engines should be.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I posted my 08 TBSS stock file with the VIN sanitized here: Need stock 2008 TBSS file

    The 07 and 08 TBSS' have fairly different OS', GM was clearly changing a bunch in 07/08/09. Obvious example is there are 2 MAF tables in 07 and 1 in the 08/09 and the IFR limits in 09 are double that of 07/08.

    What stall is in the converter?

    Bummer on 58x/4x, would have been pretty simple to run the factory 99 PCM on a 24x/1x engine.
    Unfortunately, I have no clue what Stall the converter is and neither does the owner same with the cam, I love tuning mystery cams. Yes, had it been a real engine with the 24X reluctor and Cable throttle I would have had this squared away in no time.

  6. #6
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines View Post
    This had a Term X in it from the shop that built the engine, but they couldn't get it to run on that garbage system, The customer of mine that brought this to me had Current Performance build the harness to try and get it running, but its at the same point now as with the Term X where it does not run worth a damn. I would have loved to have it be a good PCM like the LS1B and would have been out the door the same day had they not just left this 24X with a Cable throttle body as all LS engines should be.
    If it has issues with a stock ECM and a Holley ECU, think there is something wrong with the engine?
    Or throttle body?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    If it has issues with a stock ECM and a Holley ECU, think there is something wrong with the engine?
    Or throttle body?
    Possibly, but I don't always want to jump to that conclusion. I didn't build it but hate the clich

Similar Threads

  1. Old T42 tune to new T42 requires updated operating system, segment swap?
    By 68problemchild in forum 4speed RWD/FWD Transmission Tuning (incl T42)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 28th, 2019, 11:27 AM
  2. Need some help with a E67 and T42 files !!!
    By jashell1562 in forum Petrol / Gas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 07:40 AM
  3. T42 OS Swap
    By SkinnyPedal in forum 4speed RWD/FWD Transmission Tuning (incl T42)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2014, 01:21 AM
  4. E67 ECM and T42 TCM Help Needed
    By finishline in forum E37, E38 & E67 PFI ECM's
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 7th, 2010, 07:04 AM
  5. E67 T42 tuning questions, facts, myths.
    By TBMSport in forum E37, E38 & E67 PFI ECM's
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 6th, 2009, 04:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •