Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: COS5 Question????

I've been playing with OS5 the last couple of days. It's going well, other than a problem at cold idle. When cold, the car idles at 17 - 18 AFR! Once it warms up it drops back to normal. When running OS3 I didn't have this problem.
    I increased the VE of the 0% TP, 1000RPM cell but after logging a drive the BEN's force the VE value back down. Anyone else experience this?

Quote Originally Posted by carneb
    I've been playing with OS5 the last couple of days. It's going well, other than a problem at cold idle. When cold, the car idles at 17 - 18 AFR! Once it warms up it drops back to normal. When running OS3 I didn't have this problem.
    I increased the VE of the 0% TP, 1000RPM cell but after logging a drive the BEN's force the VE value back down. Anyone else experience this?
    I sure did, just this morning I tried a COS5 with the TPS VE TABLE OPTION A0003 enabled. W/B reported AFR was 18:1 even though Commanded was 12:1 and it was running like a pig. When I started with this tune last night it was running fine on a warmer engine.

I've been running COS5 for a week and have the A0007 fairly much mapped, BEN was close to 1.00 everywhere. This morning was my first attempt at a cold idle. Quickly turned off the engine and disabled A0003.

I noticed that in warm IDLE my MAP was sitting nicely around 30kPa which = 1.100 g*K/kPa on B0101 Main VE Table
    But on Cold IDLE my MAP started around 55kPa which = 1.490 g*K/kPa on B0101 Main VE Table

Any ideas on how to fix?

EDIT: Increasing the values on the lower temps on A0008 Open Loop ECT Commanded has helped alot.
    Last edited by bK; August 17th, 2006 at 10:13 AM.
    Chassis by Holden
    Engine by Chev
    PCM modified by Flashscan
    Cam by Comp Cams

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    I generally hide cells with a count < 5. When making my TPS VE Table I also used the vertical and horizontal fill feature as there is no way I could hit them all.
    Can you still generate the table with TPS/VE enable or should you keep it disabled?

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

I had similar issues with my car, in fact... I had it VERY bad (18-18.5:1 AFR until the car reached 170+ temps).

I recently changed the ECT Enrichment table values in the startup temps to 1.1 and while I do still get some lean condition at startup, it decays off TONS quicker than it did before.

Why it helped i'm not really sure, since the ECT Enrichment table affects the Commanded AFR, and since I have no fuel trims... it really shouldn't do anything, but it does.

The ECT Enrichment table i'm referring to is the one in the Custom OS calibrations. My .tun is on holdencrazy, i believe it is the only Pontiac tune listed.
    2001 Arctic White Pontiac Firebird Formula M6
    LME 408, AFR small bore 225s, TSP 248/254 .622/.612 114+2 cam, FAST 90mm intake/NW 90mm TB, TR 1 3/4" headers, SLP Dual/Dual catback, Spec 3i clutch, 3.73 Motive Gears, EFILive Custom OS 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    I had similar issues with my car, in fact... I had it VERY bad (18-18.5:1 AFR until the car reached 170+ temps).

I recently changed the ECT Enrichment table values in the startup temps to 1.1 and while I do still get some lean condition at startup, it decays off TONS quicker than it did before.

Why it helped i'm not really sure, since the ECT Enrichment table affects the Commanded AFR, and since I have no fuel trims... it really shouldn't do anything, but it does.

The ECT Enrichment table i'm referring to is the one in the Custom OS calibrations. My .tun is on holdencrazy, i believe it is the only Pontiac tune listed.
    I have the same problem. I will give it a try (A00088)).
    Bill
    Last edited by BowlingSS; August 16th, 2006 at 11:25 AM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Lifetime Member

Guys....

Look at a stock b3605 and you will see what AFRs you need to hit and the way you need to adjust the a0008. 14.7/AFR there will give you the EQ ratio you need to put there.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

I adjusted A0008 and don't have the problem with lean cold starts anymore. I have found another problem though - very lean on warm restarts. I know that it's a common problem with SD tunes but my idle was running at 18:1 AFR! During normal driving and idle my BEN's are close to 1. It seems to be the high IAT from heatsoak that is causing the problem. Does A0014 still work when AlphaN is enabled?

I also had a problem with surging on warm restart, I suspect because it was so lean. I now have A0003 disabled.

Does A0014 still work when AlphaN is enabled?
    It sure is. I don't have dramas with AFR's now using A0014 & A0008 with A0003 enabled.

This link will give you a good idea where to start you A0014 table http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ighlight=a0014
    Chassis by Holden
    Engine by Chev
    PCM modified by Flashscan
    Cam by Comp Cams

You could look at afterstart enrichment too.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123