Thread: Anyone migrating from Diablosport Predator to Flashscan?

Default Anyone migrating from Diablosport Predator to Flashscan?

I just got EFIlive flashscan (used EFIlive scan tool only before), I currently have a custom predator tune installed in my car. When I did a read of my PCM with the flashscan, it worked fine, but I had to reconnect the predator and reload my custom tune. Basically, it looked like reading my PCM "hosed" the tune I was running until I reloaded it from the predator. Anyone else using these two tools? I'm wondering if the predator tuning is sensitive to any "other" tuning tools....I just wondered if anyone else had experience with this problem...thanks in advance.

I have been running a Predator tune in my 03 Silverado. I was able to read it with no problems using Flashscan.
    02 C5 Coupe - LS7, TSP 265 LS7 heads, ARH, Z06 cat-back, HREs, 3.73 gears, Wilwood brakes, DeWitts radiator

15 C7 Z5 1 Coupe - stock for now

12 Avalanche - tune, Corsa Touring

Thanks, VortechC5...I was also able to read mine okay, but after the 15 second wait, after which my PCM was supposed to go back to normal after the read....it didn't. Just sat there stupid, reduced engine power, etc. I reinstalled the Predator tune and everything was fine. I'm wondering if I will need to restore the stock tune from the predator, then reflash with flashscan to get "on track". I am in transition between the two systems as I am learning how to do my own tuning....again thanks.

I was using a Predator tune, but before I installed a Flash Scan tune, I installed the stock GM tune first. There were no problems.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frodo84
    I was also able to read mine okay, but after the 15 second wait, after which my PCM was supposed to go back to normal after the read....it didn't. Just sat there stupid, reduced engine power, etc.
    It's a known issue in EFILive, we are working on a fix for it. The fix (V7.1.9) was due out last week. However, that release has been pushed back to later this week.

Regards
    Paul

Default thanks Blacky

I'll keep an eye open for the upgrade and download....thanks!

Default Update out yet?

It's a known issue in EFILive, we are working on a fix for it. The fix (V7.1.9) was due out last week. However, that release has been pushed back to later this week.

Regards
    Paul

Any news on the fix/update (V7.1.9)?

Thanks!