Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Info on my tuning for 1000 hp!

Quote Originally Posted by Delco
    The SVO pintle injector has no where near the low end control the delphi plate injectro has , you can get big plate injectors down to about 1ms without to many issues , getting a pintle injector below 2ms is a headache.

We stopped using the Ford SVO injectors about 2 years ago due to these issues.

Would this be a similar style injector as the racetronix 32's?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Would this be a similar style injector as the racetronix 32's?
    Yes , the 32lb , 62lb and 95lb are all plate injectors , racetronix are a good source and priced competitively

Dunno. I can honestly say the Racetronix is not a bad injector, but I would be hard pressed to put another plate-type injector back into my bird. Low end drivabiltiy, or streetability, was markedly improved when I swapped from plate to pintle.

Not doubting the plate's ability to control low pulse width's. But I do feel like pintle has the advantage for my application.

Lifetime Member

If you scae the injectors to 43.5 you should correct your fuel pressure to 43.5. You will definetely need some retuning, but you need to run them as they are intended if you want them to idle correctly. Or, look on the Vette forums for some used z06 injectors from a 427 zo6. Thos are like 33 arent they?? You are N/A??
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
    If you scae the injectors to 43.5 you should correct your fuel pressure to 43.5. You will definetely need some retuning, but you need to run them as they are intended if you want them to idle correctly. Or, look on the Vette forums for some used z06 injectors from a 427 zo6. Thos are like 33 arent they?? You are N/A??
    Per the spread sheet, 43.5 psi rated, 42 lb/hr rated, 63 psi actual.

I am NA, but 33's won't cut it. If memory serves, the Racetronix 32's came out to ~36 lb/hr at 58 psi and were ~ 97% DC. The 42's are currently maxing at 67% DC.

I have contemplated using the C6 Z06 42's, given the known injector tables for them, but I'm not sure I want to get into the fuel rail, manifold, & wire harnes issuses associated with the swap.

I think a little further tweaking of the minimum pulse widths may yeild the desired results I'm looking for.

Lifetime Member

It is your call, but I would highly recommend lowering your fuel pressure. You are working the pump harder as well as forcing the injector flow more fuel at idle by running 20lbs higher fuel pressure then it is rated for. I bet the idle would clean right up. Just for kicks, lower the fuel pressure to 43.5, reascale the IFR and see what idle does while sitting in the driveway or around the block. If the idle does not get better, load back in the old tune, but at least you will know!
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Dunno. I can honestly say the Racetronix is not a bad injector, but I would be hard pressed to put another plate-type injector back into my bird. Low end drivabiltiy, or streetability, was markedly improved when I swapped from plate to pintle.

Not doubting the plate's ability to control low pulse width's. But I do feel like pintle has the advantage for my application.
    I also seen the same thing after going form Racetronix 32 to the SVO 42's
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
    It is your call, but I would highly recommend lowering your fuel pressure. You are working the pump harder as well as forcing the injector flow more fuel at idle by running 20lbs higher fuel pressure then it is rated for. I bet the idle would clean right up. Just for kicks, lower the fuel pressure to 43.5, reascale the IFR and see what idle does while sitting in the driveway or around the block. If the idle does not get better, load back in the old tune, but at least you will know!
    I'll have to go back over you original thread on lowering the FP. Sounds like it would be worth a shot.

Hmmm, I recall there's a hidden button in the Tuning software for just this sort of thing...
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Lifetime Member

TAQUICKNESS

I went with an aftermarket Aeromotive regulator and rails due to the high fuel requirments I have when wide open. It would cost you the $150 for rails, $150 for regulator and then some Misc. AN connections. I would look for someone with a good reg mod for the stock regulator first though.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast