Thread: Wiring AFR meter to Flashscan(lm1)

Default Wiring AFR meter to Flashscan(lm1)

I'm not sure I have the right sequence for the wires from AFR meter to flashscan. I'm using the 3 hole orange adaptor and the wires are red,white, copper(grd). Anyone have the order?

Grounds go in the middle (system and analog - not heater ground). The outside holes are the External AD1 and AD2 ports. You should have a signal wire that sends a 0-5v signal, which is what goes in one of the ADx ports.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    Grounds go in the middle (system and analog - not heater ground). The outside holes are the External AD1 and AD2 ports. You should have a signal wire that sends a 0-5v signal, which is what goes in one of the ADx ports.
    So, the plug from the afr meter has 3 terminal ends. Red, white, ground. I can fit the red on one side of the orange adaptor, the white on the other and the ground in the middle? Are the red and white wires interchangeable?

You need to find out what wires are what. That's the first step. Then, you pick on side - left or right...AD1 or AD2. Just one. That's where the analog 0-5v signal from the wideband goes. The analog ground and/or system ground both go in the middle. I say and/or because some widebands don't have an analog ground...just a system ground. In the end, you'll only have two of the three ports being used for your one wideband. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    You need to find out what wires are what. That's the first step. Then, you pick on side - left or right...AD1 or AD2. Just one. That's where the analog 0-5v signal from the wideband goes. The analog ground and/or system ground both go in the middle. I say and/or because some widebands don't have an analog ground...just a system ground. In the end, you'll only have two of the three ports being used for your one wideband. Make sense?
    I gottya. I'm surprised I have no directions for this cable or install. I'm using the cable that came in the box. I figure they would tell me what wire is what and where to screw it in on the orange connector. This is the cable that came with the lm-1 package. No diagrams, no nothing! I'll take your advice and try and figure out what wire is what. There is only one ground wire.

More info in a parallel universe: showthread.php?t=3208