Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FlashScan V2 field testing underway

Thanks Chad. John is a great guy and very smart. Not to mention his car is quick!

Paul, how's the field testing moving along?
    Owner - Rapid Motorsports
    http://www.rapidmotorsports.com
    610-404-7979

wow very very nice are the 07 trucks and SUVs going to be supported

Any updates fellas? Yes, I'm anxious!!!
    Owner - Rapid Motorsports
    http://www.rapidmotorsports.com
    610-404-7979

Quote Originally Posted by mikey
    Any updates fellas? Yes, I'm anxious!!!
    Ditto....

I'm dying to get EFI, but I'm not going to purchase it until V2 is released....

It is going wonderfully. For all us patient ls2 e40 guys, the software is very impressive and above and beyond as usual! Shh, I dont think i can say anymore...

Default Hey pal....

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    It is going wonderfully. For all us patient ls2 e40 guys, the software is very impressive and above and beyond as usual! Shh, I dont think i can say anymore...

Hey man....Be carefull with that avatar....We don't want any animal rights activists shutting down our forum.....Nor do we want to lose our favorite tuner/instructor! The avatar is grainy and it's hard to tell what you're doing with that cat!

anyway.....just to clarify.....for us LS2/E40 guys.....Will the E38 stuff be released simultaneously?????

Also, THIS IS TO EVERYONE! Keep your eyes peeled for an 06 and later 6 speed automatic trans controller.....EFI needs one to accelerate the release of the 6spd tuning software. FYI: the trans computer is in the TRANS (inside)

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

quick question if we have the commercial version now and upgrade to the v2 will we have the same capability as the workshop, but the commercial version won't have to get streams correct?

P.S. how goes the battle?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ace68
    quick question if we have the commercial version now and upgrade to the v2 will we have the same capability as the workshop, but the commercial version won't have to get streams correct?

P.S. how goes the battle?
    Firstly, the battle is over - we won! Now we're just mopping up.

When you upgrade to FlashScan V2 there is no distinction between Personal, Commercial or Workshop. There is just a single FlashScan V2 product. The single product line serves two main puproses:
    1. It makes the decision about which EFILive product to purchase a no brainer.
    2. It simplifies customs import and export procedures and charges.

All V2 units ship with 2 VIN licenses as standard. Then you can purchase individual VIN licenses to tune any single vehicle/trans combo. And/Or you can purchase streams to tune unlimited vehicles of that stream.

Personal V1 users upgrading to V2 get an implied upgrade to the functionality of the Commercial product.

Commercial users upgrading to V2 get 2 free PCM licenses to make up for the perceived loss of value of the $100 price drop from V1 Commercial to V2.

Workshop users upgrade to V2 and get a whole bunch of streams free. Those streams cover unlimited tuning for all the V1 supported vehicles PLUS unlimited tuning for LS2-E40 and T42-5Speed.

And everyone who upgrades to V2, gets to keep their existing V1 interface and use it for a spare scan tool, complete with black box logging.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
    anyway.....just to clarify.....for us LS2/E40 guys.....Will the E38 stuff be released simultaneously?????
    No, the E40 and T42 will be released first. Followed by the E38 and T43 late 2006 or early 2007.

Apologies if the term "early 2007" is understood by some to mean "around October 2007" It won't be that long - really!

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Talking

Anything I missed? (apart from the 4 smilies limit)
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast