Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FlashScan weekly update March 19, 2004

Lifetime Member

The other thing that can be done is use the same S/N of the ATAP cable in the FlashScan cable... that way your registration will still be the same...

Implement logging feauture with Username (ID) and Password (registration code) along with full name and such when getting the updates of a program online...

Make a "transferability" of the license at the cost of the savings for being an already efilive costumer... Since the cost of the cable and program will be sold for less.. it can be added to the final price of someone transfering the license to their name etc. People dont like giving their personal stuff to anyone else...

Sound fair?
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QUICKSILVER2002
    How many A/D inputs will the flashcan personal cable have (you said the shop version will have more).
    2 on the FlashScan Personal
    4 on the FlashScan Workshop

Also, how will logging the analog inputs work in the scan tool software? Will you be able to setup calculated PIDs with lookup tables for something like A/F or will there be a different method?
    The digital values of the analog inputs will be available in 4 new PIDs, similar to calculated PIDs. You can use them as you would any other PID. So far we have not implemented lookup tables. We may do, since some analog inputs will not be linear.

The ability to log with only the cable is an awesome feature, but here is a suggestion that would make this the "ultimate" solution. An optional configurable display of some sort for permanent mounting in the car. You could configure it with the scantool software, but then allow continuous real time monitoring when the laptop is disconnected. It would not have to be anything fancy (just simple digital readouts). A few buttons to cycle through the configured PIDS and to display max and mins during last run would be awesome. A replay feature of the last log stored in memory would put the icing on the cake and we could just leave our laptops at home.
    The FlashScan Workshop cable (which looks really cool by the way) will have an LCD display.

Oh yea, if you need beta testers :lol: . I have lots of analog input already setup in my car.
    We will be setting up a beta program. There will be plenty of warning

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Count me IN!!!!!! i have a wideband

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander
    Count me IN!!!!!! i have a wideband
    WooHoo! Count me in - I'll get a wideband! (Perfect excuse to mod some more!)
    Whitney Roberts

Sounds great. I too just bought EFILive a few months ago and would hate to have to call that whole $300 a loss. You guys have registration #'s of existing customers, so it should be easy to control who can get a discount and who cant right?

Anyway, I cant wait to see the tuning stuff....LS1edit drives me nuts with how shit the interface is.

Oh, and a plug in interface and SDK would be cool for us coder guys We could do some of the work for you guys, like if there was a plugin mechanism that could insert data into the logging stream, some bored person out there coulda made the wideband datalogger integration already while you guys work on the more important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jmX
    Sounds great. I too just bought EFILive a few months ago and would hate to have to call that whole $300 a loss. You guys have registration #'s of existing customers, so it should be easy to control who can get a discount and who cant right?
    There *will* be an upgrade path for existing EFILive customers - obviously we have to cover some costs including the new hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by jmX
    Oh, and a plug in interface and SDK would be cool for us coder guys We could do some of the work for you guys, like if there was a plugin mechanism that could insert data into the logging stream, some bored person out there coulda made the wideband datalogger integration already while you guys work on the more important stuff.
    EFILive V6 ships with an programmers' API that you are free to use. It is not documented yet, so that makes it difficult to use. The documentation is not a high priority but if there are any coders out there who would like to write their own front end for EFILive or to integrate a third party application then you can use our API to do that.

Maybe we could work out a deal for anyone that want's to write the API dosumentation with sample VB, Delphi and/or C programs to show how to use the API.

The API was originally developed to allow dyno software to "read" EFILive's real time data. That meant dyno manufacturer's could log all/any PIDs directly into their dyno runs.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The FlashScan Workshop cable (which looks really cool by the way) will have an LCD display.
    Will this LCD be able to display more than just diagnostic codes? I think you mentioned it would only display codes before.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Will this LCD be able to display more than just diagnostic codes? I think you mentioned it would only display codes before.
    In it's first release the FSW will display DTCs (codes only, no descriptions) and some user feedback/status messages.

During subsequent firmware upgrades we intend to add more features. Which will almost certianly include the ability to monitor multiple PIDs.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Anxiously waiting.......
    joel

Lifetime Member

This is a really good tool... I want to get my hands on it

Great work guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123