Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick AutoVE question

Default Quick AutoVE question

Ok I'm doing the AutoVE as per the manual and its going fine and the changes to the {B0103} backup VE table and quite big. But when I change the tune back to normal to run with the MAF how is the {B0101} Main VE table going to update the VE because there's no provision to do so in the manual? It only says to do the changes to the BackupVE table.

What do I do next cause when I put the tune back on with the MAF on, the PCM wont read the backup table. Ohh BTW I have a 99-00 OS.

Thank
    2000FRC 408ci 520rwhp - 498rwtq Callies Crank, Eagle Rods, Diamond Pistons, Absolute Speed Heads, 244 248 cam, LG Headers, FAST 90, TPIS 90, ATI UD, 11.6cr, EFILive, LC-1 Wideband, RPM Trans, DTE brace, Spec 3+, Momo, etc...
    Custom N2O direct port setup with stand alone fuel system in the works

Idle and Revs

Per page 11 of the AutoVE tutorial,

10. Open calibration {B0101} "Main VE Table".

11. Rigth click on any cell and select Paste->Paste and multiply with labels.

12. If you are tuning a 1999 or 2000 operating system then repeat steps 3 to 11 to copy/paste the VE data from map [B] to the {B0103} “Backup VE Table”.
    You must apply changes to both the primary and back up VE table

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Per page 11 of the AutoVE tutorial,

You must apply changes to both the primary and back up VE table
    Ok man, you just made me feel real dumb lol how could I not see that!!! Thanks
    2000FRC 408ci 520rwhp - 498rwtq Callies Crank, Eagle Rods, Diamond Pistons, Absolute Speed Heads, 244 248 cam, LG Headers, FAST 90, TPIS 90, ATI UD, 11.6cr, EFILive, LC-1 Wideband, RPM Trans, DTE brace, Spec 3+, Momo, etc...

Idle and Revs

Didn't mean to make you feel dumb. Everyone needs a fresh set of eyes from time to time.

They make me feel dumb here all the time. I'm quite used to it now. I just blame it on me being a geezer and move on!

Must have been the fine print that got ya!
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

The autoVE HowTo isn't too clear in that point ... first it tells you to skip the part (as it's for 2001 and up), then the next parts tells you to repeat the previous section "with changes" ... so, when following it verbously, you're more or less bound to skip it ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Ok I got anothe question and dont want to make a new thread..

How can I merge the BEN maps from several logs? Because some logs have cells that others dont and I want to merge them so that I can copy onto the VE table. Excel maybe? And if so, how?

Thanks hopefully not another dumb question.

Idle and Revs

Hm ... I don't think you can ... merging in Excel is possible, but probably not totally exact - you'll have to take into account the number of measurements in order to combine the averages ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

So long as the logs are all based on the same tune, you can use excel to average out the values.

I had the same idea. Here is what I did. I created the initial tune. Drove can and created an initial log. Used initial log to create tune 1. Drove car and created tune 1 log. Used tune 1 log to create tune 2. etc. etc. etc. Each time to log a cell it should get closer and closer to 1.0 In effect I'm performing an integral function. Over time the error is decreased. Now I do caution that once you get within .02 I'm guessing the cells will continue to move slightly due to different atmospheric logging conditions. Doing it this way allowed me to concentrate on various sections of the table on different days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast