Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pcm Unlocking

Default Pcm Unlocking

Hi, just woundering if any one can give me a few pointers on pulling the flash chip out of an aussie ls1 as my customers pcm has been locked be another tuner, i want to unlock the pcm and read the tune from the flash chip, i have an eprom reader etc, also if any one can provide details of where to buy some spare pcms at a resonable cost. regards JCA

Send a PM to Wait4Me.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCA
    Hi, just woundering if any one can give me a few pointers on pulling the flash chip out of an aussie ls1 as my customers pcm has been locked be another tuner, i want to unlock the pcm and read the tune from the flash chip, i have an eprom reader etc, also if any one can provide details of where to buy some spare pcms at a resonable cost. regards JCA
    If you are in Aus I also offer a unlocking service.

Chip doesnt need to be removed off the board

Hi, Whats Invovled ,how Is It Locked?, How Do U Un Lock It, Do You Read The Flash Manually, And Then Erase It?. What Do You Charge, I'm Keen To Learn To Do It Myself, But It Depends On How Hard It Is. Regards Jca

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCA
    Hi, Whats Invovled ,how Is It Locked?, How Do U Un Lock It, Do You Read The Flash Manually, And Then Erase It?. What Do You Charge, I'm Keen To Learn To Do It Myself, But It Depends On How Hard It Is. Regards Jca
    It is the same as any hacking , learn how to bruteforce your way in and its done.

Much the same way as learing how to break into the PCM to allow programming , remember the PCM is locked by GM , you just need to work out how it was locked and how to unlock it

If you want to pull chips off you need a programmer worth about $1K AUD that will support the flash chip used in the LS1, most of the $300 programmers will not, how to tell, does it have a 48pin socket?

You also need some pretty reasonable soldering skills.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

How many combinations of keys are there FFFF? (ie) 65535? In which case brute forcing 65K keys wont take long. Just have to figure out how to talk to the PCM and recognise when the valid key is entered.
    Sorry for digging this up.
    Just got some customers with locked hpt tunes.. Im pretty certain they are stock OS, just that they are locked. They want efilive. Any PM info will be treated in confidence
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

SHHHHHHHHH DAVE might be watching

Im against PCM locking, though I can understand if you are an insecure type you might want to put obstacles in others way to slow them down. However I think its wrong to lock someone out of their own house. How can they change the tune or replace it when its locked? Who cares about the actual tune thats in there, tunes are straight forward once you know how, some just take more time than others. Its preventing access to something that is not rightfully theirs to lock that bothers me. Blah blah rant, rant.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    Im against PCM locking, though I can understand if you are an insecure type you might want to put obstacles in others way to slow them down. However I think its wrong to lock someone out of their own house. How can they change the tune or replace it when its locked? Who cares about the actual tune thats in there, tunes are straight forward once you know how, some just take more time than others. Its preventing access to something that is not rightfully theirs to lock that bothers me. Blah blah rant, rant.
    What you need to remember is that the tune is locked from the factory , it is only by working out the seed/key routine that you are able to unlock it via the work of efilive , locking only stops the people that dont have the experince to work it out themselves - especially with mail order tunes.

I used to add some txt into the binary much like GM did to identify my tunes , its amazing where that txt has turned up in supposidly qualified tuners tunes

As for unlocking you need to try about 65536 possible combinations and the pcm needs to be reset after every one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast