Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shift Light in 2k F-Body?

Should be #47 on the red PCM connector, as listed above ...

Is there any official documentation on the PCM and the electrical interfaces availabe? I mean, I can go through and measure myself, guestimating a 12V signal and handling it appropriately, but documentation would make it safer and easier ...

@Tordne: Once I figure the pin out (and how to get to it), and once it does what I want it to do, I'll post up something about a shiftlight setup ... figure there are other folks around who would like to build something like it ... shouldn't be hard, either, just run a 12V line from the switched power to a little circuit board, use the PCM input as an on/off switch, and turn on something like 6 high-powered yellow LEDs ... I've seen some install instructions where some guy put the light into the left one of the three center airducts of his Firebird ... nice place, won't see it until it comes on Them instruction were for a "regular" shift light though ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

To get a multi LED light going you would need to feed in the RPM signal also. The shift light in the HSV GTS is a single LED. I suspect that the PCM will simply supply/cut voltage to the particular pin and that nothing more than wiring in an LED is required. All the logic is already available in the stock tables IMO.

Definitely let us know how you go though cause I'll get it done also!!!
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Multiple LEDs in the sense of them being wired together ... not sequential ...
    Stock tables on all the tunes I've seen (apart from the GTS one) are pretty much "0" all the way ...

Yeah GTS is the only vehicle down this part of the world that had one - hence values being populated.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

so if we gave the table good values it should give us out put on that pin right

I would expect it to.. Check out the 04 HSV GTS tune (from my tune site) for example values for all the tables.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Btw, anybody have any specs about the PCM on how many mA I can pull out of that output and whether the output is 12V or anything lower? Just wondering if I can drive an LED light directly from the output, or set up a seperate supply voltage which is just switched on and off ...

Hm ... need to find something that will fit and not push out of the wiring harness plug ... tried several different things I have flying around, but nothing worked ... trying to find something that will fit next week ... (of course, the stores were closed by the time I decided I didn't have anything that would work ... Germany sucks ... :( )

Dude didnt you use a pc mainboard wire? Mine worked fine. Just had to open the pin out a tiny bit.

Tordne, I hope if you get it fitted you set the, to quote TAQuickness, "shit light", higher than 3000 rpm
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I tried ... not big enough to keep it from pushing in ... don't think it connected correctly, or either the PCM didn't put out a signal on it, as I tried to measure it, and couldn't get anything (had the RPM set to 1200, and measured it against ground)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast