Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.2L I6 LL8 full OS support when??

Lifetime Member

Default 4.2L I6 LL8 full OS support when??

Hey, so I can read and flash my PCM just fine, but I bought a tune from PCM4Less today and dont think I can flash it to my 02 I6 because the OSs are different and we dont have full OS flash support.

Anyone have any idea when full OS flashing will be available, I just spent $100 on a tune I cant use right now... grrrrrrrrrrr
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Do you have personal or commercial version of EFILive. THe commercial and Workshop versions are the only versions that can do a full reflash and if you have the personal version it is a 150.00 upgrade to Commercial
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Worst case-- you can copy and paste the data from your purchased tune to your existing file, then reflash. A lot of guys have done that when they wanted to use a custom OS with an LSx PCM. I did it on my Corvette and had no problems.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lifetime Member

I have Commercial, the reason I ask is that EFILive (Personal, Commercial, Workshop) cannot fully rewrite a OS to a 4.2L I6 PCM, period. It can only write the calibration.

I think I will have to go ahead and copy the tables into a stock tune and flash that to see whats up. I dont know, 90% of the reason I bought a tune was so I didnt have to pay the stealership $90 to upgrade my PCM to the newest software release.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Are you sure you aren't trying to fix something that isn't broken? What does the latest operating system have to offer that your present one doesn't?
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

He probably doesn't know what the benefit is. With the limited number of parameters that we currently have for the LL8 I6, I would guess that most of the changes that PCM4LESS has made will not show up in our calibration files.

Eric, what operating system code is the PCM modified from? Do you see any major changes in the tables we currently have available? Were there any ordering options specific to the factory operating system ID?

Lifetime Member

Actually, the reason I need the new cal is because my fan clutch is messing up and the newer cals have the proper fix. Other than that, I dont care what the benefits are (if any) over my cal now, but I want to get that fix in.

My current OS: 12575262
    New tune OS is: 12587430

As for the changes, I sure hope there are more than just the ones I can see in the tune, AFAI can see, the new tunes is almost identical to my stock one (with slight mods) and has the TQ reduction of a 04 LL8. I hope there is something deeper under the surface that will change my mind, but right now Im on the fence.
    ~Erik~

Erik I would strongly recommend getting the update from the dealership. The Trailblazers have plenty of updates for a variety of problems. The $90 will be well worth it. It may be more than just the operating system that you get.
    There isn't much sense in custom tuning a file with built in problems that you cannot change.
    AL
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl
    Erik I would strongly recommend getting the update from the dealership. The Trailblazers have plenty of updates for a variety of problems. The $90 will be well worth it. It may be more than just the operating system that you get.
    There isn't much sense in custom tuning a file with built in problems that you cannot change.
    AL
    I know, but I already bought the tune. Whatever, when I get my fan clutch swapped out I will have the reflash done and start tuning from there.
    ~Erik~

Eric, are you still under the factory warranty? What reference to the fan clutch failures are OS specific?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast