Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idle's good but fluctuates while coasting

thanks for the help and suggestions that were given. they did help out and are appreciated.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

I'm reading along to learn (idle is not my best subject)... looks like you're getting there, keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I'm reading along to learn (idle is not my best subject)... looks like you're getting there, keep us posted.
    yeah, it still does it a little at times, which I'm still working on, but its so much better, in fact I may try dropping the commanded idle back down a little, it just seems kinda high to me. I'll see if I can find one of my zero'd IAC logs to show you what it was doing in those. maybe someone will have an idea on more possible issues as well. my setup is pretty one-of-a-kind, so it makes issues like this a little more difficult.

Idle isn't my forte either but I've learned alot from this little escapade.

also worth noting is that I've also been using the stock IAC effective area table from the '02 corvette/'00 silverado also, since although its not perfect, I think the area under the curve better matches my extrapolated '98 effective area table better than the '02 xvan especially at the low extreme which is most important IMO. I don't know if that made a difference or not, of course had to do a couple more RAFIG's but it seems to be working fine.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123