Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A0008 OL ECT Command Fuel Multiplier

Lifetime Member

Default A0008 OL ECT Command Fuel Multiplier

I have a question regarding this OL ECT fuel multiplier... Should the effects of this be visible in the GM.AFR PID? Reason I ask is that I am seeing no effect from this table on my commanded AFR, causing me to be considerably lean during throttle application when cold... I've got 14.4:1 commanded and within a few seconds of startup it is already commanding that, while coolant temps say it should be commanding 12:1. Low rpm throttle blip results in a bog and 17-20:1 momentarily

Should absolutely see the commanded AFR affected by the multiplier table!!! I use that table to enrich until the ECT comes up to 50*C.

I assume you are in fact in Open Loop? The enrichment you are seeing initially will/must be coming from the After-Start Enrichment tables.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Should absolutely see the commanded AFR affected by the multiplier table!!! I use that table to enrich until the ECT comes up to 50*C.

I assume you are in fact in Open Loop? The enrichment you are seeing initially will/must be coming from the After-Start Enrichment tables.
    Yep, absolutely in OL. CL temp enable set to max value, LTFT Correction disabled, Commanded AFR table working like it should...

I knew that something had to be wrong there...

I might try re-flashing the entire OS and see if I've got a bug with it somehow right now...

Figured I'd ask just in case. From your other posts I knew that wouldn't have been it, but you have to ask

Which Custom OS is it?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Figured I'd ask just in case. From your other posts I knew that wouldn't have been it, but you have to ask

Which Custom OS is it?
    COS 3... 03190003 to be precise.

Lifetime Member

Triple and quadruple checked the tune file, then did another full flash.

Fired it up, Commanded AFR matched B3647 within a matter of 15 seconds. :(

Email me the tune file if you like and I'll have a fifthruple check
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Email me the tune file if you like and I'll have a fifthruple check
    You've got mail. Current version of the tune and a log showing the issue.

OK so I checked the tune, and all looks fine to me. Looking at the log it appears that that A0008 table is being ignored (as you say)!!!

The enrichment comes from the After-Start Enrichment and decays out as expected. The A0008 table should, in your case, hold the commanded AFR in the 12's till quite warm.

I'd PM Ross/GMPX and link him to this thread and email the tune/log to him as well.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

I have noticed the same thing. Have tried everything to deal with cold starts in OL/SD. It's particularly bad when those cold starts can be as low as -40*C/F ECT(probably wouldn't run). Nothing seems to work well. Seems that an ECT VE multiplier might work better.

Anyway, my Commanded AFR goes straight to 14.79:1 (I have most of B3647 set to 14.7:1) and sticks there no matter what I have in A0008. I am seeing a very lean condition at idle or cruising(low airflow) until ECT warms up. IAT remains pretty steady throughout. Did seem that modifying A0008 was having some effect based on wideband AFR, although it was inconsistent.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast