Thread: Injector Help

Default Injector Help

Just wondering what size injectors I need. I know the stock ones will be too small as I have recently rebuilt my LS1 with a 383 stroker kit, comp cam kit and some head work can anyone suggest a size which would be suitable

MAVGAS - Welcome to the Forum!

You could probably get by with 37lb/hr (43.5 psi rated), but I would suggest you get the SVO42's. Beware many folks have had some issues with the SVO42's (including me) in the low IPW range (less than 2ms). I've handled this by adjusting the small pulse width parameters.

I've had stock 26.5 lb/hr, racetronix 32lb/hr (43.5 psi rated), and SVO 42 lb/hr (43.5 psi rated). The racetronix had me at 95% IDC (WOT), and the SVO42's are 66% IDC (WOT).

I bet SVO36s would be about right.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

The 42# Lucas works well. I used those in lieu of the SVO 42s (Short pulse width problems). My car put out 450 RWHP and I had plenty of injector left.

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Lifetime Member

there is no problems with SVO42s, i've put them on multiple cars and the drivers can't tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    there is no problems with SVO42s, i've put them on multiple cars and the drivers can't tell the difference.

Well, aren't those the green tops? I had a "surge" or "miss" when I used those injectors. It only happened when I was at very light load and slow speeds. Say, cruising in the housing platte at 15-20 MPH in 2nd gear and just holding the speed steady, I would get a miss or stumble with the SVOs It only happened when the IPW got down to 1.0ms or less. Nothing I did could get rid of it. I changed to the Lucas and it went away. True, for normal city driving, WOT, and such, the SVOs are fine but this one condition made the SVOs balk. I could get around the stumble by staying in 1st and going the max speed limit of 30 in the platte but that is too fast when kids are around and my exhaust is not the quietest rascal in the world so the noise was a bit loud. That is my only complaint about the SVO injectors. I think THunder Racing stopped carrying them for the reason of the light load stumble.

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust