Thread: Just have a few questions...

Default Just have a few questions...

Me and my friend both have Camaro Z28 SS's and we want a program to tune our cars from stock to get the most horsepower possible (and torque, of course!) and I heard this program was the best out there, much better than a hand held tuning tool. The thing is, I dont know much about tuning, as much as I know about engines and how they work and how to fix them and such. The reason why I dont just use a hand held tool is because I wanna get the most power as possible, and I am planning on doing many upgrades in the future such as forced induction, havent decided if I wanna turbo or supercharge yet, but forced induction none the less, and I am buying a whole new engine from HPE.

I am wondering, can I just hook the tool up and do like an auto tune? Answer a few questions and it just tunes the car for me? If not, does anyone have a stock LS1 .bin file they have (after being tuned) so I can apply it to my car and have the same badass tune? Or can someone help me out? I know I am asking for a lot here so I will offer something in return. I am a web host in my free time and own a nice server and will offer a few gigs of space to the people that help me out with this!!

Thanks
    Brian

Yes, EFILive is definitely better than the "handhelds" like PowerProgrammer or Predator or stuff ... basically, all those can do is use a fixed number of tunes, and let you decide which one you actually want. PP ist a piece of crap, too expensive for what it does, and a PITA if anything happens to the tune you have in the car - you pay $$$ to get it unlocked again (like, $250 or so). With the current sale of EFIlive, you get two PCM licences for about what a single car PP would run you ...

Advantage here is, you not only get to tune stock cars (or limited mods), no matter what you throw at (or on) your engine, EFILive can tune for it.

BUT ...

You need to know what you're doing, to a certain extent. There are HowTos (more in the works) that will walk you through some basic tuning (like AutoVE), but you will need to be willing to read, ask, and learn ... Apart from those requirements, also calculate into the cost at least one Wideband O2 sensor, otherwise you will not be able to accurately tune the car ...

As for helping out, there's a lot of knowledgable and helpful folks on this board!!
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

TWHMCM - Welcome to the forum. To give you a better idea of what's involved, you can download the EFILive scan and tune software here.

Now's a good time to jump in as EFILive is offering a major price break for the V1 hardware platform.

The EFILive resellers (scrolling banner at the top right of every page) also have package deals. Since you will need a wideband O2 sensor (or 2) you may want to call a few resellers.

HPE is a great place. They've done a lot of work for me.