Thread: Changing IFR

Default Changing IFR

One thing I noticed is the EFI software rounds (Displays) to the nearst tenth in the EFI tables, the spreadsheet goes to the nearst ten thousandth.

Are the values just rounded for display purposes?

1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

The values in the Tune Tool (your calibration) are rounded solely for display purposes. You can get out to 6 decimal places if you want

I changed that spreadsheet to 6 decimal places as well for consistency. You will find that if you changed that sheet to 3DP for example and pasted the values into the tune tool the IFR line would not be as linear as if you display the 6DP (been there done that).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I am going for the Delphi 42's to replace my 26's, I will try the 6 decimal place trick, great tip!

This should be the only table I should have to change for the injector swap?

I hope to start playing with the bigger dry shots soon.

Thanks Tordne

Beer
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

In theory the IFR table is the only one you need to change. I installed SVO 42's in my stock bottom end and they were just too big. I ended up playing with the Min/Default Pulse Width tables, as well as the Voltage Offset and Small Pulse Adjust.

See how you get on with just the IFR and then perhaps you can use the BEN factor as a gauge for changing eith the offset of small pulse etc.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    The values in the Tune Tool (your calibration) are rounded solely for display purposes. You can get out to 6 decimal places if you want

I changed that spreadsheet to 6 decimal places as well for consistency. You will find that if you changed that sheet to 3DP for example and pasted the values into the tune tool the IFR line would not be as linear as if you display the 6DP (been there done that).

Rather ironic. It was submitted with 6 decimal precision. RHS - what's going on?

Easiest way to change decimal display...

Look straight across to the right starting from the "Adjust:" box (where you enter values in the toolbar) in the pic above. 11 icons over there are two ".00" icons. One with a "+" above it and one with a "-". Click on those to add or remove decimal place visibility in the table.

I only use 2DP display for all tables in the Tune Tool, don't really need more granularity that that (generally). The 6DP in Excel is to make sure it "copies" the complete number and pastes nicely into the Tune Tool.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew