Thread: Oil Life?

Default Oil Life?

Okay, I've not fooled with my programming for a while. I took the truck in for the fuel filter recall yesterday (last day) and got the tailgate cables done too so they'll quit sending me the postcards. I broke out the laptop and cal flashed my "baseline" 2002 OS. After getting home, I reflashed with an 80 hp tow tune that I had on file and was meaning to try. I did oil & filter at the same time, so I thought I would stop the "Change Engine Oil" warning. Appears to reset using the "throttle dance" but comes on with every startup. I hooked up scantool and used the "oil drop" (first time I set it to 0% - DOH!) but I've set it to 100% twice now and still get the "Change Oil" What gives? I just checked and I'm using the latest version and builds.

With the aussie cars and pontiac gto, the oil/service light has nothing to do with the pcm. but rather just an automatic warning that appears from the dash. We are able to clear them by doing a button procedure to clear it.

Thanks for the reply, Tre-Cool. The oil life in the Duramax is an algorithim calculated in the ECM using serveral parameters against a "par" mileage and reads out as a percentage value (I'll wager it's the same in your aussie GMs, too - otherwise what would make it "automatically" flash from the dash?) It's normally reset in my truck by pressing the accelerator to the floor three times in the ignition position (without cranking). I've reflashed my 2001 ECM with a 2002 operating system and that has "locked" the oil life value into 0%. There's an option in the latest version of Flashscan (V1) to reset this value to any value you choose (0-100%) and that is what is not working for me. Cheers.

Did they (GM) do a reflash as well?
    In any case, PM me your Email address and I'll send you the details on how to fix it, it's a 5 minute job, just let me know what O.S you are running in the PM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.