Thread: Long term fuel trims from the drop down menu...

Default Long term fuel trims from the drop down menu...

I just completed another 40 minute log in SD. The log looked great, and I was all set to reenable my MAF and go from there. Prior to doing it, I thought I'd peak at my fuel trims on the scan tool dropdown menu. The fuel trims there look nothing like what I was expecting.

When logging, it shows I'm 0'ing out at WOT, yet when I looked at the dropdown LTFT's, they are +4.35%/+1.42% for cell 22.

Same for some of the other cells. They are all positive. Is this normal? I would think the dropdown LTFT's would be correct. I did drive for an additional 15 minutes after saving the log without additional scanning, but I wouldn't think it would be that far off.

On a positive note, I ordered a LC-1 today, so I can't use the "I don't have a wideband" excuse any longer.

Edit - One more thing, a lot of the FTC's in the drop down have the same numbers. A great majority of them (Cells 0-4 and 6-15) are all 4.35%/1.42% just like WOT.
    2008 Corvette Z06 - Stock until warrnty expires

Well, I'm starting to realize that in SD the LTFT's seem to fluctuate more than running with the MAF, which would make sense. This morning the pulldown menu WOT LTFT's are -3.47 (both banks) and the logged data was still 0'ed out.

I'm going to assume I'm fine and reenable the maf, unless someone has something to add.

Sounds like you're close enough with the VE. Remember, FTC#22 isn't just WOT. I believe it has to do with cold starts as well. I'd give the MAF a go.

**Once you dial in the MAF, a little trick that might not hurt would be to go back to the VE and give it a 2~3% increase throughout to ensure your transitions aren't on the lean side.**

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    Sounds like you're close enough with the VE. Remember, FTC#22 isn't just WOT. I believe it has to do with cold starts as well. I'd give the MAF a go.

**Once you dial in the MAF, a little trick that might not hurt would be to go back to the VE and give it a 2~3% increase throughout to ensure your transitions aren't on the lean side.**
    Thanks!

I'm dyno'ing in 10 days, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I definitely still need to recalibrate my MAF as it leans out when I enable it. I'm going to work on that today, but for the most part I'm there. I'll go back and do your little trick once I'm all done.

Thanks again everyone that has helped me via messages, PM's, etc. You all have been a great help!

Quote Originally Posted by JR_VETTE
    Thanks!

I'm dyno'ing in 10 days, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I definitely still need to recalibrate my MAF as it leans out when I enable it.
    You are not alone there. Once you have calibrated MAF and put that calibration in on top of AutoVE table it seems the only way to get back to proper AFRs is manual VE manipulation. At least that is my finding.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals