Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoVE not working - SOS!

Default AutoVE not working - SOS!

I am currently usisng COS 03 and trying to Autotune. When I loaded the autove calibration into the PCM the engine would not idle. It chugged smelled liike gas and sputtered. Can anyone help please. I went through the tutorial twice.

Thanks
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

Do you have a wide band controller to verify the actual air/fuel mixture? If so what was the actual AFR at idle?

Probably the easiest thing for you to do is attach your tune file to a post here so that w can download and have a look.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Before downloading the autove file the wideband was reading normal 14.63+/- 0.4. After the calibration file was flashed, the engine could not stay on long enough to get a good wideband readout. It just sputtered.

2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

So.. Prior to attempting the AutoVE were you running with MAF or without (Speed Density)? Could it be that your VE table has been increased too much and it is just super rich? Also check the A0008 table as that is a multiplier to the B3647 fueling table. Generally at operating temps that A0008 table will be a value of 1.0.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Before removing the MAF was running semi open loop with MAF using the COS.

2002 GMC Sierra ECSB

Also checked A0008 and its set at 1
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB

Lifetime Member

Mind posting up your tune so that we can take a look?

OK.. I have some findings

First and probably most important the IFR table for your injectors is wrong. In the trucks the IFR table is flat cause they have a fuel pressure regulator (someone had to tell me this a while ago). So I’m guessing that you will need to calculate the values for your stock injectors, the check a stock tune and find out which value they used (0 or 80 kPa vacuum). Then calculate the IFR for your current injectors and then use the value from the 0 or 80 vacuum (whichever you established is correct).

Secondly, I notice that you increased the VE table by probably 15% (think that is what the tutorial calls for). That could be too much.. But, given your mods I’d leave that for the moment and check out the injector stuff first.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I have disabled the boost reference as the regulator was not reliable. I tried starting up at 10% VE and 15% VE and no luck. Please advise.

Thanks
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB

In the idle region of the VE table, try using stock values or reducing the values just a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast