Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP WITH 98 Camaro AUTO VE TUNING

Default NEED HELP WITH 98 Camaro AUTO VE TUNING

I've got a stroker motor to tune in a 98 camaro. It was a 4l60 but now it's a t400...not sure if i should use a stick o/s or the existing auto o/s...

Pluss, I need to "AUTO VE" this thing....I don't find anything in the tutorial on this o/s or on the forum....

Can you point me in the right direction? The Ve tables have different resolution between the Backup and Main...

I haven't had to do this one before....and I'm kinda lost.....any advice or custom os or something?

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

The VE tutorial covers the 98s. The auto "type" question I don't have an answer for. The biggest difference I saw is having to MAP the main and backup VE tables.
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Default not sure....

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
    The VE tutorial covers the 98s. The auto "type" question I don't have an answer for. The biggest difference I saw is having to MAP the main and backup VE tables.

Well, Ross says to do the "auto VE" with the backup table.....

BUT, if I want to use the maf on this one...How do I convert the BACKUP table to the main VE table??? The resolution is different??? What now?

chuck

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,

If you follow teh AutoVE tutorial, you will be updating the primary and back up thru the process.

:stupid: The autoVE will have you calibrate both tables. I just did my 99 last night. Mine is just a bolton M6 though.

Default well but......

Quote Originally Posted by black z
    :stupid: The autoVE will have you calibrate both tables. I just did my 99 last night. Mine is just a bolton M6 though.

here is what i've found....the BACKUP and MAIN VE tables do not have the same resolution.....(ie..the number if columns is different..maybe double for the main) so you can not just copy and paste one onto the other....

Ross says that when we go SD to do the auto VE...the o/s defaults to the backup VE and I should do the auto ve on the backup.....BUT, what do I do when I turn the MAF back on and the tables are not the same.....

Now What?!?! I'm alittle lost.

chuck

Even if the resolution is off, you should still be able to use the main VE and copy and paste with labels to bring the backup table to match.

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

When tuning a 2k and earlier, one or two places in the AutoVE tutorial are slightly ambigous - do BOTH B0101 and B0103, when setting up the Maps in the Scan tool, do so for both the Main and Backup values, that way you will have the appropriate BENs for both tables!
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

First, we need to clarify something. The VE here just has to be close if you plan on turning the MAF back on. It's there to back the MAF up incase of failure or when it's response is limited (transitions, low airflow, etc.). Tuning a pre-'01 car in SD is simply done with the backup VE. Get it close enough (+/- 3%) if you can. Then, copy the x0kPa columns from the back up VE to the main VE individually. Fill and hand-smooth the gaps for the x5kPa columns. I usually set the 105kPa column equal to the 100kPa column. The 15kPa row can be guestimated by following the trend for each RPM row. Re-enable the MAF and move on. Once the majority of the MAF is dialed in, look at idle and your transitions. If you transitions and idle are lean/rich, increase/decrease both VE tables slightly (+/- 2%) in the respective areas to eliminate the issue. Don't sweat the small stuff too much or you'll go insane. Tweak/finalize the MAF and be done. Just my $0.02.

Default I'll keep you posted.....

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    First, we need to clarify something. The VE here just has to be close if you plan on turning the MAF back on. It's there to back the MAF up incase of failure or when it's response is limited (transitions, low airflow, etc.). Tuning a pre-'01 car in SD is simply done with the backup VE. Get it close enough (+/- 3%) if you can. Then, copy the x0kPa columns from the back up VE to the main VE individually. Fill and hand-smooth the gaps for the x5kPa columns. I usually set the 105kPa column equal to the 100kPa column. The 15kPa row can be guestimated by following the trend for each RPM row. Re-enable the MAF and move on. Once the majority of the MAF is dialed in, look at idle and your transitions. If you transitions and idle are lean/rich, increase/decrease both VE tables slightly (+/- 2%) in the respective areas to eliminate the issue. Don't sweat the small stuff too much or you'll go insane. Tweak/finalize the MAF and be done. Just my $0.02.

Thanks, I'm workin on it now....

chuck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast