Thread: MAF Tuning and Dry Nitrous

Default MAF Tuning and Dry Nitrous

Assuming that VE and the MAF tuning pans out, will there be cells in the upper MAF freq area (B5001) I do not hit NA? Keep in mind if I was home I would try it instead of asking it

That being the case I believe I will hit the higher cells when spraying the dry shot through it.

If that is true, I should be able to manipilate the upper MAF freq "Value" in table B5001 seen only with Nitrous to trick the PCM to targeting say 11.5-12 AFR when spraying dry only? Or does PE have priority over what the MAF says?

Probably done/tried already by someone, but I have not read anything about trying this idea, or if its feasible or not.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

PE works in conjunction with the MAF and/or VE. The MAF/VE table will tell the PCM how much air mass is flowing in. PE describes the desired mixture. This ultimately calculates to an injector pulse width.

So what I described may work and is worth my time looking into and playing with? It will default to the richer of the two (MAF table vs VE table?)
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

no sir. above 4k (OEM setting) the PCM looks at the MAF only (assuming you're not in SD). "Selecting the richer of the two" you speak of occurs with the fueling tables, PE or the open loop fuel table.

Although I would not recommend it, you could trick the PCM into adding more fuel by raising the repective values in the MAF/VE tables. More air = more fuel.

You might check with Black02SS or Patrick G (from LS1Tech) for more details on setting up the tune for a dry shot.