Thread: tuning method question....

Exclamation tuning method question....

Ok, so I've got a 95 turbo mustang that I have tuned with an AEM ems stand alone system, and when I did so, I used a boost comp method which can be read about here... http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?topic=11494.0

I have a 99 vette that will be twin turbo'd and I already have efi live but I do cell by cell tuning on it, like most do. Is there any way that the boost comp method would be able to work in efi live??? I'm sure there needs to be a special table setup for this, but I'm not too familiar with the software yet and I wasn't sure if there was anything similar that would be able to work with this.... I've had very good sucess using it on the mustang with the aem, and if I could do the same with the vette I'd be a happy camper. I think there are a lot of benefits to this method (esp if your wastegate sticks and you overboost, you'll still be at the same afr....etc) so I'm hoping it's possible. Thanks for the help!

Jim

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure I understand your question 100%, but you might take a look into the custom os tutorial (from the scan or tune tool click Help -> Tutorials -> Custom OS Upgrade tutorial) for setting up a 2-3 bar application.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure I understand your question 100%, but you might take a look into the custom os tutorial (from the scan or tune tool click Help -> Tutorials -> Custom OS Upgrade tutorial) for setting up a 2-3 bar application.
    I think he's talking about a table that will add 'x' amount of fuel for every pound of boost. The problem with that is...how do you tell the stock PCM how much boost you have? If he wants to use the stock PCM, I'm pretty sure he's going to have to go the route you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    I think he's talking about a table that will add 'x' amount of fuel for every pound of boost. The problem with that is...how do you tell the stock PCM how much boost you have? If he wants to use the stock PCM, I'm pretty sure he's going to have to go the route you suggested.

that's pretty much what it does, although its more of a 1x load u need xx fuel to get xx.x afr so at 2x load you need double that fuel to get the same afr. I admit I haven't looked into what's offered on the custom OS that is offered, so I'll do some more research on that and see what's up with it. It's just so much easier than tuning cell by cell, it seriously takes about 8 or so wot pulls to get your afr flat across a rpm vs load row, and then you copy and paste those values up and down the columns....