Thread: Newbie need help, where to start.

Default Newbie need help, where to start.

Where to start....

I just finished installing a Radixed LQ4 with the mods in my sig into my 72 Blazer. At the same time I also order EFI Live with a LM1 wideband.

I've been driving it around some and it and it doesn't seem like it's running very well. It's surging @ part throttle and won't rev all the way up. I also get a SES code 0102, I figured this out when I did a scan. If I clear the code the light stays off until I restart the truck then it come on again.

This morning I hooked up the LM1 after calibrating it and when the truck was warm and ideling if was getting an A/F of 12.4 steady. I went on a short drive and saw it dipped as low as 9.6 under light throttle just cruising. Pushing the pedal down further actually raised the A/F after a few seconds to above 14. Now from what I've read and my searches this is completely opposite of what it should be doing. I pulled one of the plugs and it was black with soot after only having been driven less than 50 miles.

So all of that being said I need some guidance on what to do. I'm hoping someone can direct me on which PID's I should have on for logging and what I should do with them. I'm also hoping for a little tutorial to go from the log to improving my present situation. I don't even know how to tell if I'm in open loop or closed loop. I've read alot about the Auto VE, will this help my situation? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill
    72 K/5 4x4 Blazer, Radixed LQ4 with 3.2 pulley, WCCH 90mm TB, LPE GT2-3 cam, Stainless Works Headers, NV4500 5 speed, 14 bolt FF rear, Dana 60 front, 4.56 gears, detroit lockers, 4 wheel discs, Hydro brakes, full autometer gauges and more....

Sounds like the Injector size has not been set correctly for your injectors. If its an standard Radix kit, and a return fuel system, then your IFR table (B4001) should all be the same 43 lbs. That's where I would start.

If you would like email me your tune and I'll take a look at it. I have a couple of radix 6l tunes to compare it to. kybrown at g mail dot com.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo