Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 06 LQ9 6.0l

Question 06 LQ9 6.0l

I just ordered my new V2 so I can come play with you guys. Anybody have any sort of tunes so i can look at and learn what you guys have done to my type motor.

Welcome to the forum.

You might check www.holdencrazy.com for example tunes.

Default Thanks but need more info!

I've recently have gone on there but I'm looking for info on a LQ9. Perferably in a truck so i will be able to compare. Most of them are with the SS silverados or a tahoe/suburban.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 06-6.0 SierraHD
    I've recently have gone on there but I'm looking for info on a LQ9. Perferably in a truck so i will be able to compare. Most of them are with the SS silverados or a tahoe/suburban.
    Feel free to shoot me a PM, i'm willing to help you out.

Talking

I have a 2006 6.0 4x4 2500hd sierra and wondering how to start tuning my truck for better economy and performance. Anything would help.

I just bought an 03 6.0 4x4 2500HD also, looking to tweak the timing and fuel a little bit (inital logs showed a lean condition across the board of 5-7% in part throttle). I'm totally new to automatic tuning since I've had 6spd and 5 spd sticks for my past vehicles. I know disabling torque management is fine for the 4L80's....but does anyone have any other info as far as how to get it to hold the gears that the transmission selects (like the transgo program does) or improve shifting performance?

i have an SS with tuning. both modified before and after FI. I would be happy to help as well. Keep in mind though you have an LQ4 as opposed to my LQ9. the engines are a little different so natrally the tunes will be also.

PladdPezzPunk & Zfreak - Welcome to the forum.

How do they differ? My info sticker on the truck says that it is a LQ9 but as i,ve seen through efi is says LQ4.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 06-6.0 SierraHD
    How do they differ? My info sticker on the truck says that it is a LQ9 but as i,ve seen through efi is says LQ4.
    The LQ4 has dished pistons to lower the compression ratio. Also, I believe the rods are a bit beefier in the LQ9. Otherwise, changes lie in the programming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast