Thread: Open loop on deceleration

Default Open loop on deceleration

I notice that my long term fuel trims always go negative (-8 - -12) when the throttle is closed and the car is moving. I notice that my maximum throttle position for idle long term fuel trims is set for 1.19. But my minimum throttle position at idle is about 6.7% could this be a culprit? Or look elseware?
    99 FRC 402 Twin Turbo

looks like you have passed the amount of tps that the car can correct for. You probably opened up your throttle blade too much. When you guys turn the throttle blade up instead of drilling a hole, you have only a certain amount of turns before the car can no longer correct the starting tps %. So if you hit the point, Not drilling the throttle blade is not an option. You have to drill the Throttle blade and then turn the throttle blade for fine adjustments to get your steps inline.. so you have to back it out till it says 0 tps, then drill the blade to make up the difference..
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

Default Re: Open loop on deceleration

Quote Originally Posted by hpcubed
    I notice that my long term fuel trims always go negative (-8 - -12) when the throttle is closed and the car is moving. I notice that my maximum throttle position for idle long term fuel trims is set for 1.19. But my minimum throttle position at idle is about 6.7% could this be a culprit? Or look elseware?
    FRC- C5/ETC (Fly by wire). Do the LTFTs actually update the PCM in a decel cell (20 or 21)? I didn't think they updated?

Default Re: Open loop on deceleration

Quote Originally Posted by bink
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcubed
    FRC- C5/ETC (Fly by wire). Do the LTFTs actually update the PCM in a decel cell (20 or 21)? I didn't think they updated?
    What cells are you in when you see the -8 to -12? Often cells 5 and 6 or thereabout, need VE adjustment to bring them in line with the rest and then use IFR's or MAF to bring all into line.

Joel,
    I don't think they do. But in my car I never see 21 and only see 20 before the 02's are reporting.
    Joe
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq